Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Cheese.
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where I should post this, but I felt the Positive Thinking boards were an okay place to post it. I live in NYC, and the people around my area are up to no good or emitting some type of negativity. Today, on my way back home from the gym, I had one of those moments where you do an awkward dance when trying to walk past someone. The kid was like 12 years old, but the smile he gave me was so adorable. It was genuine, and it lit up my face because I love seeing people smile :) There was something special about that kid though :stu In a good way lol.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Encountering another person on the street who definitely seems different than your average stranger? Any stories? :D

·
nothing
286 Posts
What a beautiful thing, to see someone out of the norm that makes you stop and ponder over it in such a positive way. It's so easy to dwell on negative encounters.
My best story of a good samariten is when I had to unexpectedly buy a new car smack dab in the middle of an 18 hour road trip due to mine breaking down rendering it unrepairable.

I found my self at a CarMax and my sales lady was so sweet. She worked with me after closing time, helped my unpack my old car and repack the new car - and when I mentioned I would have to get a hotel for the night (because of the lateness of the hour and the length of drive I still had to make) she insisted I stay at her place. The next morning she lead me to the interstate and waved goodbye.

Whenever I am feeling down about society I remember the CarMax lady and that there are genuine people like her.

·
Cheese.
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, now that's a truly wonderful woman. You know, a lot of people are probably willing to do something like that, but we're just scared. When I'm on the train, I see a lot of homeless people asking for money, food, and a job. I always want to call them over, give them a hug and let them know things will turn out okay. But I'm scared of people looking at me, all the attention, etc. It makes me sad :/

Regardless, that's so nice :D

·
Meek
447 Posts
♥ lovely stories...I was talking to a guy at a party on Thurs who ignored my lameo pre menstrual panic state and kept laughing and smiling at what I said even though I was talking crap :lol that was nice, I thought. A lot of people would've run away or not even bothered to pretend to be interested.

·
Overlord of OGLE-TR-122b
773 Posts
People don't smile enough these days, I'm trying to bring it back :)

·
Cheese.
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
♥ lovely stories...I was talking to a guy at a party on Thurs who ignored my lameo pre menstrual panic state and kept laughing and smiling at what I said even though I was talking crap :lol that was nice, I thought. A lot of people would've run away or not even bothered to pretend to be interested.
:lol That's so cute! He seems like a keeper haha

·
Cheese.
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
People don't smile enough these days, I'm trying to bring it back :)
Now that's what I'm talking about. With so much negativity in this world, there needs to be a revival of the positive stuff!! Smiles ALWAYS make my day. I also enjoy listening to people playing instruments, and then saying things like 'give us a smile if you don't have money. Enjoy our performance, let it brighten your day.'

·
Banned
22 Posts
1 words DUB MOTHER ****ING STEP DUBSTEP CHECK IT OUT ON YUOUTUBE YOU DUDE I LOST MY DUBSTEP CD WHEN I WENT BACK IN TIME TO AVOID ALL THESE LOSERS THEN WALKD INTO A TRAIN SO I COULD GO TO HEAVEN AND CHILL WITH ALL THE PRODUCERS THEN WE KILLED SOME DEATHMETAL FANS AND WENT TO HELL AND ENDED BAK ON EARTH JAAAAAAMN DUBSTEP BRO LOVE THE OSUND BUT HEY HOW ARE YOU IM ANOOB NICE TO MAKE YOUR AQCUANTINCE

·
Banned
22 Posts
Sierra leond dubstep chek that one i jam it and radiat e cosmic positivity doll hope i helped ttyl cutie and i yu put a geniune smile on my face so in turn by my comment i hope to have put one on you

·
Banned
22 Posts
wow of all the things iv been called a troll is the first ...no thats jsut me ..and trying to b helpful btw by sharing maybe i shouldnt have but i wont let u sway me if i could i would type the same things again.. take care

·
Cheese.
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wow of all the things iv been called a troll is the first ...no thats jsut me ..and trying to b helpful btw by sharing maybe i shouldnt have but i wont let u sway me if i could i would type the same things again.. take care
in that case.. sorry! lol i was just...confused... as to what was going on. :|

1 - 19 of 19 Posts