Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I see. I found a forum where people were talking about generic vs lexapro. Everyone on the forum has responded negatively with most of them saying it raised their blood pressure high and caused a lot of panic/anxiety.

Do any of you have experience with generic lexapro? I would like to try lexapro again but the cost prohibits me. I would be trying generic. Would it be better to try celexa instead?

·
Guided By Voices
2,396 Posts
I am finishing up the Forest Pharm. Lexapro, that I have, after that I am going generic. It's not available under patient assistance anymore and without insurance.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Luvox is giving me palipitations and rapid heart rate. The higher the dose the worse it gets. It is also making me very restless. At 150-200mg the palpitations were very strong and I was having multiple panic attacks during the day. I tried going off luvox for a little while and then trying again, but no matter what the dose, I get palpitations. I'm going to have to talk to the doctor about it.

I read that there is only one manufacturer for generic lexapro. I came across a discussion in a forum about generic lexapro and every person that posted had a very bad experience with the generic compared to name brand. The posts are from last year. I've never had a bad experience with generics before so I don't know. I don't see how the generic could be that much worse than lexapro.

·
avui, no demà
3,117 Posts
Luvox is giving me palipitations and rapid heart rate. The higher the dose the worse it gets. It is also making me very restless. At 150-200mg the palpitations were very strong and I was having multiple panic attacks during the day. I tried going off luvox for a little while and then trying again, but no matter what the dose, I get palpitations. I'm going to have to talk to the doctor about it.

I read that there is only one manufacturer for generic lexapro. I came across a discussion in a forum about generic lexapro and every person that posted had a very bad experience with the generic compared to name brand. The posts are from last year. I've never had a bad experience with generics before so I don't know. I don't see how the generic could be that much worse than lexapro.
what is/are your diagnosis/diagnoses? why are you taking saphris?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm bipolar. Inititally I was treated for anxiety and depression. I originally started on saphris as an add-on for SSRI for depression. Although the AP didn't work to well for depression, I've found that it stopped my racing thoughts, and has reduced a lot of anxiety especially paranoid-type anxiety.

The doctor doubled the dose to help with sleep because I only sleep about 2 hours a night partially because of nightmares/bad dreams. It helps a little I suppose. I sleep more.

·
avui, no demà
3,117 Posts
ah, okay. if you are having a bad reaction to the ssri, which isn't unexpected given your bipolar diagnosis, why would you want to switch to another?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've been on lexapro for the last five years. I switched to generic about six months ago and haven't noticed any difference at all.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought the palpitations were caused by luvox but, I've had the same palpitations on zoloft. I had to go to the doctor to get my kidneys checked out and some blood testing to see what's going on. But I am still on Luvox with no palpitations currently.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts