Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When drilling affirmations into your head constantly, are you supposed to think of the affirmation and keep saying it during a tense social situation or should you naturally become less tense without even thinking about anything?

·
Banned
497 Posts
When drilling affirmations into your head constantly, are you supposed to think of the affirmation and keep saying it during a tense social situation or should you naturally become less tense without even thinking about anything?
you should naturally become less tense without saying it during the evnt but i dont think it would hurt to use it during the event also.

if you are drilling affirmations into your head what you are doing is you are replacing your old beleifs with new ones on an uncocnious level. when you then encounter a social event your uncocnious mind will filter it through the new beleifs which will obviously make you feel better in the sitation

·
Registered
336 Posts
I think you just repeat regularly throughout the day and could repeat in a tense situation. I think a lot of it is the habit of positive thoughts throughout the day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts