Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm 17 and dropped out of school to get a G.E.D. but I keep putting off making the call to get more information. I don't even know what to ask if I were to call. I need to know the entire process pretty much, but I'm so scared I'll sound stupid if I ask for a run through. They don't have enough info on their site for me to do anything /except/ call. I can write a million formal emails, but I can't sound professional on the phone to save my life and I'm just really scared.
Any ideas for what I should say?

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Wecome, DeliaDee64! :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Welcome! :wel

I can relate. I hated having to call for stuff (like information for car loans and such). I still do. Thats why I prefer to get my information all from the internet.

But you are 17, they aren't going to expect much from you. Tell them on the phone, you are 17 and a bit confused on how to get your GED. They won't give you the 3rd degree for not being professional because you are young.

All the best,
Mark

·
mom529
3 Posts
You are not alone, my son is just like you

Think about this: Nobody who calls to ask about getting their GED is a "professional." Why? Because professionals already have their diplomas! GED employees spend all day, every day, taking calls from confused, embarrassed, tongue-tied people exactly like you. If you can dial the phone number and say, "I want my GED," they will ask you just the right questions to make it easy for you. You could probably just say, "Uh...!" and they would still know how to help you. They want to help you. Everybody wants to help someone who wants their GED. You are doing great. Make that call. :)

·
Banned
6,324 Posts
Think about this: Nobody who calls to ask about getting their GED is a "professional." Why? Because professionals already have their diplomas! GED employees spend all day, every day, taking calls from confused, embarrassed, tongue-tied people exactly like you. If you can dial the phone number and say, "I want my GED," they will ask you just the right questions to make it easy for you. You could probably just say, "Uh...!" and they would still know how to help you. They want to help you. Everybody wants to help someone who wants their GED. You are doing great. Make that call. :)
What a great post. OP: read this ^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts