Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
A Tenenbaum
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As one could guess, I do not enjoy giving presentations. So you can imagine my horror when I found out I had to give a 30-45 presentation this semester for my one class.

Generally I take extreme action to avoid these types of things but I had no way out of it so I forced myself to go through with it.

And I am happy to say it went great. Got an A on the presentation and only had 1 or two moments where I felt the nerves really getting to me. Luckily I was able to regain composure so it didn't affect the overall quality.

For me, I think the biggest thing was just not even acknowledging the fearful thoughts. Instead of trying to get out of it or worrying about the what-ifs, I just focused on doing it and not being afraid. Worked well. Going to try to apply it to other situations.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I can't even imagine doing that! That's amazing!
Whooo!!!! :yay

·
Registered
127 Posts
As one could guess, I do not enjoy giving presentations. So you can imagine my horror when I found out I had to give a 30-45 presentation this semester for my one class.

Generally I take extreme action to avoid these types of things but I had no way out of it so I forced myself to go through with it.

And I am happy to say it went great. Got an A on the presentation and only had 1 or two moments where I felt the nerves really getting to me. Luckily I was able to regain composure so it didn't affect the overall quality.

For me, I think the biggest thing was just not even acknowledging the fearful thoughts. Instead of trying to get out of it or worrying about the what-ifs, I just focused on doing it and not being afraid. Worked well. Going to try to apply it to other situations.
Well done! and you got a good grade too :D

·
Self Inflicted Perma Ban
1,976 Posts
A whole 40 minutes? Congratulations! Very impressive; don't think I could do that for the live of me.

·
Member of SAS
1,868 Posts
For me, 40 minute presentation=death sentence. I don't know how you made it through but great job. Btw, what class was it and what are you studying?

·
Barbells and kittens
3,940 Posts
Congratulations. I can barely sit in a waiting room with a handful of other people in it for more than a few minutes. I don't know how you did it, but it's quite an accomplishment.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Congratulations. That's a great accomplishment. I can't even imagine getting through a five-minute presentation at this point, so I really admire you for such a long one. I'm curious, too, about the topic you covered?

:clap

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's great! I have to take a public communications for college ,which involves a lot of public speaking. I don't know how I'm going to do it.?! My heart races just thinking about it.

·
Byebye SAS.
2,957 Posts
Glad it was well. Wait what was it about? lol...

·
Registered
798 Posts
That's crazy. I bet the first couple minutes are the most difficult part of giving a presentation. Once you get really warmed up it must have been a lot easier, am I right?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts