Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. So, I've managed to get to the point in my recovery that it is actually possible for me to give a good, and long, presentation to an audience of 15 faculty members and 4 other students. This is incredible to me. 3 years ago, I wouldn't have even been able to think about doing this, without having a panic attack. Now, I just have to work on my underdevoloped social skills.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
35 minutes, that's a lot of talking!!!! I remember back in school, it would take pages of prep to just come up with a 5 minute speech! Good job!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I gave anouther presentation. THis one sucked. I had to present a problem that I found out I missed read 30seconds before the presentation. I gave a proof that used techniques from anouther section. Then, the guy asked me to prove it using techniques from the given section. This didn't work well. I froze, the proof was simple, but I couldn't do it b/c I, well, replapsed. It was more or less humiliating. But, whatever, it could have gone a lot worse. I felt like leaving the room several times.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Well, I gave anouther presentation. THis one sucked. I had to present a problem that I found out I missed read 30seconds before the presentation. I gave a proof that used techniques from anouther section. Then, the guy asked me to prove it using techniques from the given section. This didn't work well. I froze, the proof was simple, but I couldn't do it b/c I, well, replapsed. It was more or less humiliating. But, whatever, it could have gone a lot worse. I felt like leaving the room several times.
You can't expect things to go perfect every time! Just look at how often politicians mess up, and they rehearse and have professional speech writers! So you stumbled this time. At least you know you're capable of doing better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.