Registered
513 Posts
Way old: Super Mario 3
Old: Diablo 2 / Quake (quake world)
Less old: Halo 3

·
Registered
17 Posts
When it comes to game soundtracks, nothing gets me more than Need for Speed III's. It's the reason I do electronic music today.
Not sure how to embed Youtube here but this is one of my favorite tracks.

·
Registered
608 Posts
the music in legend of mana always made me feel funny in a good way. It was like a cross between lord of the rings epic journey and techno and metal music

in the title screen, i'd actually leave it there for a bit to listen to the tune, so euphoric

Legend of Mana is one of my favorite games. I'm so glad to see someone else appreciate one of Square's obscure gems. The music is really nostalgic for me too. I first rented this game as a kid and got it for Christmas. I still have it now. Beautiful game. I'm also a huge sucker for pet systems. xD

The first ever video game I played (not actually mine) was either Sonic or Doom when I was like 3 or 4, but I only remember some of the monsters in Doom. I love hearing Sonic tunes again though. Great memories.

Another game I get nostalgia from is Command & Conquer: Red Alert Retaliation. I'd wake up as a kid to my dad playing it. I love the soundtrack so much and still listen to it today.

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
45 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
late90's i always remember playing madden on the ps1. When the ps2 came out I thought the graphics were toooo beast... lol

then I played runescape for probably a year during my middle school years.

The most nostalgic i get though is when I see old WoW videos from pre-Wotlk and beyond. I admit, it did kill my social life IRL but there was just so many great memories playing wow back then. When all my friends quit when wotlk came out... It was so ****ing depressing man... but good times. I havent played in 2 years, so i'm doing good.

·
Credible Hulk
1,775 Posts
To be honest, the video game that makes me the most wistful would probably be the original Ninja Gaiden for the NES. I have cherished memories of watching my dad play it for hours when I was very young, cheering him on in my annoying little kid voice.

·
Ancient Hellkite
1,173 Posts
dude does anyone feel like video games were so much more fun when you were a kid/growing up??

its so much harder to get lost in a game like I used to, nowadays :(..

·
Ancient Hellkite
1,173 Posts

Brings back a lot of memories, I remember playing CB with my dad and my sisters when I was growing up. If only I could find my original copy, along with my Spyro CD's. :c
wow dude, same here with the CB. My mom loved that game. I remember one Christmas... I got CB warped and a new playstation with the new rumble packs.... WOW... best time of my life, never been happier...

I also nostalgia'd hard with spyro. never could beat the game as a kid.

·
Banned
8,009 Posts
Jet set radio as well, another post reminded me of it and now I want to find it again and play it. Hopefully the discs not broke lol :/

·
Lonely Fellow
481 Posts
I don't know about 'most nostalgic', but:

(the only one in the Final Fantasy series I ever played)
My favorite FF of the entire series :) right next to III (i know its not III..but it says that on the cart so its III..)
Hate that stupid wall x(

Here's one from Enix, back when it was still just Enix :(

Shadowrun for the SNES :)

Sorry about the big post, but really do listen.. good tunes and great games.

·
3,881 Posts
Anyone play this game? Loved it.

Played this game a lot with my family.

Who doesn't love DKC? All 3 on the SNES were good. And the latest one on the Wii is decent.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Pokemon pinball for gameboy color. Nothing beats those jazzy tunes lol. Chrono Cross had an amazing soundtrack too although I was introduced to the game later on.

·
Banned
445 Posts
Man I wanna go back when I was 6 and play all the great gaming platforms, SNES, Dreamcast, Original Gameboy, Nintendo 64. ah my god I actually wish I could just go back in time and play the games nonstop.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts