Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post the games you thought were good but sucked when you played it. Maybe the reviews were good or you liked the gameplay videos but it was a different story once you got your hands on it.

Rage-->everything about this game is so damn boring.

·
Banned
8,009 Posts
Prototype. I didn't finish it but it wasn't too bad. Just not to the level of Infamous, which was the game I decided to buy first when choosing between the two.

·
Credible Hulk
1,775 Posts
This was the way I felt the first time I played a Call of Duty game. Also, Super Paper Mario, what a disappointment.

·
Banned
1,727 Posts
Galerians: Ash is the last one I can remember. Usually I look at reviews, vids, and forums before buying a game to know what I'm getting into, so this hardly ever happens to me.

·
:/
957 Posts
Diablo 3, sort of. It just has so many issues that I'm not sure the devs can/will fix it.''

Dungeon Defender was sort of a let down after a while and too much DLC released.

·
Gone, Never Coming Back
4,863 Posts
The most prominent example I can think of is Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Compared to Super Paper Mario, it didn't even feel like a game at all. Super tried to be both a platformer and an RPG, and while it didn't do either particularly well, I still enjoyed it. But I had more hopes for Sticker Star than I ever did for Super.

It's funny because all of the reviews I read said the same thing. They complained that the battle system was pointless, you get stuck too easily, the puzzles don't make much sense, but the game was still good because it had charm. So? I need more than charm for a game to be enjoyable. That doesn't sound like objective reviewing to me. It just sounds like mainstream reviewers were too afraid to criticize a mainstream Nintendo game too harshly, so they just gave it a decent score to offset their complaints.

Sadly, I was enjoying the game up until about World 2 when I realized I was wasting my time. I beat it just for the sake of beating it, but it's a pretty badly designed game overall. I try not to be negative about the games I play because I prefer to approach gaming with a positive mindset, but this is one of those rare games that I can't find anything good about.

·
Gone, Never Coming Back
4,863 Posts
The biggest one off the top of my head?

Chrono Cross.

(let the wars begin)
I'm just curious, what is it about Chrono Cross that people hate? I wanted to give the game a try myself, but I wasn't too sure when I looked at gameplay videos. I don't care about the story by the way, so I need to know issues with the game itself.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
GTA IV
Diablo 3

·
Invisible Threadkiller
1,895 Posts
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. I thought it would be more like the original Operatin Flashpoint but then found out that the ARMA series was the one I was looking for.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I tried out that F2P game, Fallen Earth, awhile ago and was pretty disappointed with it. Looking back, I guess it was stupid to expect too much from a F2P.

·
Terminator
13,318 Posts
That doesn't sound like objective reviewing to me. It just sounds like mainstream reviewers were too afraid to criticize a mainstream Nintendo game too harshly, so they just gave it a decent score to offset their complaints.
Mainstream game reviewers are often paid by the developers and publishers to make good reviews of their games, and they risk not being given a game to review ever again from a publisher or developer if the game gets a bad score.

·
Straight Edge Soldier
52 Posts
GTA IV. Admittedly kind of overhyped for me cause I was looking forward to playing it for so long. San Andreas and Vice City are two of my favorite games ever, so I always figured IV should naturally blow them out of the water. I didn't get a 360 until last year. Before that, I always knew that would be my first game for the system if I ever got it. Then I finally do and... eh.

Madden 13. Up until I got that, I just played a modded Madden 08 on my PC, which I thoroughly enjoy. I decided it was time to upgrade and... I should have known better on that one. Yeesh. $60 well wasted.... fracking EA.

I could never get into Minecraft at all. I can see why it's popular but it's just not my cup of tea.

·
Gone, Never Coming Back
4,863 Posts
Although I haven't actually played this game yet, White Knight Chronicles is one of the games that got me excited about the PS3. However, after looking at some gameplay footage, it looks like a bland, slow and generic game. Not one I feel I could get much enjoyment out of.

·
Credible Hulk
1,775 Posts
Although I haven't actually played this game yet, White Knight Chronicles is one of the games that got my excited about the PS3. However, after looking at some gameplay footage, it looks like a bland, slow and generic game. Not one I feel I could get much enjoyment out of.
It is.

You have to just really, really, really need a JRPG fix if you're to squeeze much joy out of The White Knight Chronicles. I hate to rip on it too much, because it has a character creator, which is something I'm extremely fond of, and you don't see very often from Japan. But the fact that your created character is just a background presence makes it feel like an afterthought tossed in to please Westerners.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts