Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as I thought I had my GAD and Panic under control, it has returned. Exactly one year ago, I was in pretty bad shape. I couldn't drive, go to the grocery store, go to the movies, or do anything alone without having mini panic attacks. It crippled my social life and led me to get horrible grades in school.

I finally found a doc who helped me get some of my issues under control. My doc put me on 2 mg of Klonopin per day and I started to get better. I even made a drastic change in my life and transferred schools to a school in one of the nation's largest cities where I knew nobody. I conquered my fears and flourished in my new environment. In May, I completed one of the best academic years in college I have ever had.

Now I am back at home for the summer and things are going down hill. About a week ago I was on an airplane and started having a mini attack but was able to not let it get full blown by taking a Klonopin wafer. Yesterday, I was driving and I started breathing heavy and that almost developed into something until I got my breathing under control. Today, I was taking a shower and pretty much had a mini attack while showering. I had my body covered in soap and had to turn the water off because I felt like I couldn't breathe.

What is going on? Does it sound like I am finally becoming tolerant to the 2 mg of Klonopin?

·
Banned
648 Posts
jus to say, i had GAD and it's horrible, on a par with sa only you get edgy when nobody's even there. horrible sht. I don't know anything bout meds, only that i have tried a SSRI called Citalopram. Ask euphoria about meds. Oh and it could've been the water that raised your hart rate and made you feel panic, and you could've misjudged that as an attack and then it'll escalate.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi, I have GAD too, so I understand that constant state of anxiety. You said that you have returned home for summer - could it be changes in routine and environment that have brought about stress and new worries? I think the key thing will be to try not to worry about getting worse, or your medication not working etc. If you are anxious about this, then your anxiety is just going to fuel itself. Your panic attacks will prove to you that you are really getting worse, and you will become more anxious in turn. Perhaps you could try identifying the specific things that are making you anxious, as a way of turning the focus away from 'oh my god it's getting worse'. Then you could do something about each worry. Work out if they're worth worrying about, and if they're not, focus on something else. Maybe you could seek some help if you feel that things are getting beyond your control? I dunno, all random babble - sorry! I'm all worried about posting this now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts