Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've said this one before but here it goes again:

This is when my s/a was really bad and I was scared of ordering from an idiot at the register.

So I was at MC donalds and I was ordering for me and my 2 brothers (who both have s/a, little brother not so much) and I said " number 6 with rootbeer and two number 2's. He says something and I didnt hear him that well so I just said "yea".

I end up getting 6 root beers and 2 big mac meals, so thats 8 drinks. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my brothers were pissed so they threw everything in the garbage.
ahahahahahahha

u??

·
Registered
40 Posts
ha! Let me think about this... I'm sure I have tons of things.... haha, yours sounds similar to something I'd do when mine was bad too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
yep, okay, got one.

(Again there are tons I'm sure, just drawing a blank for some reason)

I was about 17 and had just gotten my first car...

I hated going through the drive-thru at fast food restaurants for some reason... but I kind of made myself do it one day.. my brother was in the car and was hungry and we were in a rush; I didn't want him to think I was weird for parking and going in...

So I pulled up to the screen to order, I quickly ordered, then pulled forward to the 1st window, handed them $10, and was so anxious pulled forward to the 2nd window to get the food without getting the change.

Even my brother who was about 11 at the time said "What about your change?!?!"

haha....so I had to reverse, almost hitting the building.... to get my damn change.

I laugh now:) I wasnt laughing then.... :-D

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL not as bad as mine, cmon other people share your stories, it's not so bad, here's another:

I went to the dentist one time and the lady said "how's it going?" and I said " good, how are you going?" she laughed and said still sleeping? LOL

·
Registered
728 Posts
well I once was talking to some at work i met, being a poor conversationalist, and also not such a loud speaker, started saying what i usually say the way i usually say it. we discussed some things, but as i was talking and trying to convey what i meant, the guy laughs thinking i made a joke, and than talks about what i said( or what he thinks i said), which apparently, is more witty and intelligent than what i actually was saying. I was confused at fist, but sense the guy seemed happy, i just smiled and pretended that it was what i actually said. this is not the only time this has happened to.

I seem to make jokes i never intended, and people think i'm saying something very intelligent that i didn't even think of until they said it, but i get the credit for. LOL

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
I kind of had the same thing happen to me except it was with pizza. I couldn't understand the guy very clearly so I just said yes to everything. The guy came with a completely different order. Luckily for me it was still good, heh.

·
fellow human
2,074 Posts
During breakfast at a college cafeteria, I failed to notice a tray already sitting on one of the tables before I sat down. So a few minutes pass, and suddenly these construction workers start coming over, and they give me the "why is there an asian kid sitting at our table" look. A normal person would have said something like "oh, I didn't notice that you had this table already. I'll move somewhere else". But me being the idiot that I am, I couldn't find my voice, so I just sat there, and ate as fast as I could. Totally awkward.

·
sa challenger
5,079 Posts
When I was 16 I went for a haircut. After the cut, the stylist asked how I wanted it set. I had no idea what she meant, so instead of explaining that, I said "I don't know". She kept asking me and I just sat there. I started crying. I felt so stupid. A nice older lady came to my rescue and sat with me until I calmed down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts