Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will probably be a very very long post.. bear with me, please.

Last august I started my first year of community college after being completely and utterly crushed by my ex, literally she broke up with me the day I started school. I went to school feeling like death, what made me even more depressed was I was hoping to actually do well that year but something always comes and ruins every bit of self confidence I have so yeah. I go to class and as usual we go around meeting people in our class, I meet this girl named Kelly, she is an older girl (im 18 she's 31 now). I didn't really think much of her at the time because we were just classmates, but soon we started hanging out, that lasted for about 3-4 months (just hangin out and drinking). We connected because we both lost people we really cared about (i lost my uncle and she lost her brother). We both comforted each other and talked through things together. She helped me work up the confidence to get my first job and go out into the world. Then one day we took things a step further and ended up having sex, immediately after that something clicked in my brain. It was a very comforting feeling and all my problems went away, it solved my problems and created a very big one at the same time (which I didn't realize at the time). Months pass and I finally realize how utterly attached I am to her. In that time, I had spent the night at her house on multiple occasions (obviously screwing) hanging out regularly almost every other day. Usually with a FWB relationship it's purely sex and nothing else, no hanging out, no nothing. But since we had already been friends before we started having sex it's hard to just let go.

I really don't want to ramble but basically she doesn't know how I feel about her, so if she wanted to she could easily get with another guy and tell me about it without even realizing that anything is wrong. She thinks we're both on the same page but we're not. I haven't had sex with her in a couple months because I know my feelings will only get stronger, and I feel like there is no saving this friendship without completely cutting it off. I know I'm young and I shouldn't be worrying about these things (she's 31 now for **** sake). But I think I have underlying problems from my childhood that caused me to be so clingy and needy. I feel extremely jealous/torn apart when she brings up the possibility of her being with another guy, but I just stuff my feelings as far as they will go.

Please help me... I can't take the constant worrying about when she will break the news to me anymore. It's just a waiting game it feels like, waiting until my heart gets ripped out and **** on. I feel consumed.

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
Holy crap dude we're in the SAME EXACT BOAT.
Well we were until I got the news you dread so much.
She wasn't a cougar though hahaha! (Good job man) But it doesn't hurt as bad as you think it does! Honest
Just try to dis-attach yourself and do things you like. Talk to other girls! You'll be alright man as long as YOU don't let you consume yourself (if that makes sense)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holy crap dude we're in the SAME EXACT BOAT.
Well we were until I got the news you dread so much.
She wasn't a cougar though hahaha! (Good job man) But it doesn't hurt as bad as you think it does! Honest
Just try to dis-attach yourself and do things you like. Talk to other girls! You'll be alright man as long as YOU don't let you consume yourself (if that makes sense)
I'm trying really hard man. I just started a summer course and there are some nice females in my class, but I'm pretty sure you know the cliche "none of them compare to *insert girls name*" which is what I'm feeling right now. I have this feeling that it's a cycle: get heartbroken, start new class or whatever, meet new girl, new girl takes away the heartbreak, repeat. The problem is I don't want to just throw this girl away, she is a really good friend, but breaking all contact is the only way for me to heal. It's not her fault that I don't communicate my feelings very well :/

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
I'm trying really hard man. I just started a summer course and there are some nice females in my class, but I'm pretty sure you know the cliche "none of them compare to *insert girls name*" which is what I'm feeling right now. I have this feeling that it's a cycle: get heartbroken, start new class or whatever, meet new girl, new girl takes away the heartbreak, repeat. The problem is I don't want to just throw this girl away, she is a really good friend, but breaking all contact is the only way for me to heal. It's not her fault that I don't communicate my feelings very well :/
Damn you are my ****ing twin man..

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, JuanMoreTime! :)

....age difference can be an issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts