Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I made an SA 'nono' and let somebody use my phone. They went through the friends list and I felt so ashamed of my lack of contacts. No hiding what I really am now. That person asked me what was wrong when they noticed me being quiet the rest of the day, but I couldn't bring myself to say it. I just feel like a loser right now.

·
Lost
342 Posts
Oh hell yeah.

I hate it when that happens. Why do they have to go through your friends list? it's like who cares. I remember a few years a go one of my friends stole my phone and then later on made fun of me for having like three people in my contacts. It made me feel stink...what an insensitive jerk aye. I have a few more contacts now but I still will not let anyone touch my phone grr.

Anyway, who cares...you're not a loser...people that think they are cool cause they have 200 contacts are just superficial idiots.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I don't bring my phone out in front of friends. If they ask I say I forgot it. It's happened to me but I didn't care. That list shouldn't define you. Well these days facebook matters a lot more I don't think people care as much.

·
Banned
728 Posts
Today I made an SA 'nono' and let somebody use my phone. They went through the friends list and I felt so ashamed of my lack of contacts. No hiding what I really am now. That person asked me what was wrong when they noticed me being quiet the rest of the day, but I couldn't bring myself to say it. I just feel like a loser right now.
I've had that problem when someone has seen my msn contacts. Its never a nice experience.

I only use it for people i know in person!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Don't think of it as a lack of contacts. i have several businesses and nonsense numbers in my contact list. Think of it as knowing who's important to be on that list and who's not. just because someone has fewer or more people in there doesn't tell anything about the people you spend your time with or communicate with.

·
Registered
246 Posts
that's always been a worry of mine. I tend give the contacts funny names that I only know what they are. They are all relatives, or doctors and businesses.

·
Registered
257 Posts
something similar happened to me the other day too. I let a coworker borrow my phone, and she pressed the send button, which brings up all my past outgoing calls. All of them were pretty much to my grandma and other family members. I was pretty embarrassed, but she was understanding and could tell why I was acting funny. Lucked out :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts