Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends always make fun of me, hate on me, and use me. The people I hang out with are always in a group. And I'm one of the people in the group. Everyone in the group gets battered and made fun of, but not as much as me. I always get made fun of, but I don't do anything about it. I try not to care, thinking they're joking and it's all games. But it's gotten to the point where they literally hate on me on ask.fm. And the next day at school, they act like nothing happened. They ask if they can come over, and I say yeah because they're 'my friends'. But they're at my house and they tell me stuff like "go home" or " Do this, or I'm leaving." And they trash my house and leave, which leaves me to clean it all up. I don't know why I keep coming back to them. They're cool when I'm on their side. And there's nobody else I really want to be friends with, because the people I'm friends with right now aren't "plastic", in other words, they aren't afraid to break the rules and have a little fun. Which is why I hang out with them. I like that vibe. Idk, I'm stuck. I need to figure out what to do.
Help, please.

·
Registered
268 Posts
They may not be "plastic", but from the sound of it these people are very toxic. Honestly, you're better off without them. They have a lot of nerve being so disrespectful at YOUR house. They next time they do (and I know this is going to hard) call them out. Put your foot down, once you do you will feel much better. Maybe not at first, but after awhile you'll be happy you stood up for yourself. Chances are when they are in their mid twenties they will realize how big of douchebags they were really were. Maybe you could try making friends with people from different nearby school?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well, for now, if I was you. I would just put my focus towards him. It may only be one friend, but sometimes that's all you really need. Those other people don't deserve you as a friend. You can do whatever you want, but I really hope you stay away from that nasty group of people. When I when in high school I dealt with a similar group.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts