Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an extrovert according to many tests I've taking (i.e. myerrs-briggs), yet I find it difficult to make friends. Anyone else feel like that?

The biggest part of that is that I feel weird asking people for their phone numbers.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't have an answer to your question, but I'd really like to know how you manage being an extrovert and having SA at the same time. Must be a living hell.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have an answer to your question, but I'd really like to know how you manage being an extrovert and having SA at the same time. Must be a living hell.
I just find it difficult to have a relationship, whether a friend or a girlfriend. I like going out. If I do, I enjoy being around people because I like to talk. I don't know though...its hard going out when you don't have many people to go out with, especially if they really aren't friends.

Tonight I am going to a club, by myself.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
I don't get it. Being extroverted and having Social Anxiety are really contradictory. You are anxious around people but you really like to meet people and talk to people. ?

·
Registered
210 Posts
You know who you are and not these tests. I assume those are online tests. I too think I'm a nice person but have trouble in making friends. There's a type of person I feel uncomfortable with and that seems to be a lot of who I meet.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I want to meet people too, ive been thinking of getting a job while i go to school just to meet people, not for the money, but i suck so much at conversations, or just randomly talking or saying something out loud for no reason

·
Registered
603 Posts
I don't get it. Being extroverted and having Social Anxiety are really contradictory. You are anxious around people but you really like to meet people and talk to people. ?
Because anxiety can make us so 'weird' people may view us as introverts, but judging from the amount of threads on this board about people wanting to find friends/mates/etc I'd say that's not really the case at all. If we were all introverts we probably wouldn't care, would we?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Because anxiety can make us so 'weird' people may view us as introverts, but judging from the amount of threads on this board about people wanting to find friends/mates/etc I'd say that's not really the case at all. If we were all introverts we probably wouldn't care, would we?
Nice point. It makes me feel better xp haha! I enjoy your perspective ^O^
I always feel like an extrovert until I start freezing up and there's nothing I can do about it. :afr

1 - 13 of 13 Posts