Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been seeing my psychiatrist for nearly 3 years, and my psychologist for nearly 6 months. I had a bad scare from my meds so I've been taking it a bit too easy, I finally caved in and increased my dose two days ago. Now my psychologist wants me to switch to the psychiatrist she works with, she thinks I need more than just an ssri and she thinks I could use a fresh pair of eyes ... idk, does this make sense, to switch psychiatrists BECAUSE I've been seeing him a while? She says as long as I'm willing to take meds, I should do something that really will help. Sounds odd to me. :?

·
Stan the Man
6,433 Posts
You've been seeing your psychiatrist for three years with the same problem and all he's given you is an SSRI? Maybe your psychologist is right.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
You've been seeing your psychiatrist for three years with the same problem and all he's given you is an SSRI?
I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps the psych can go to the land of Oz and ask the Wizard for a brain. One would hope a psychiatrist could come up with something other than just SSRIs after 3 years. Any GP can do that.

·
Banned
2,689 Posts
Shrinks max out at about 20 patient visits a week. Maybe your shrink is close to 20 and has a friend who is new or for some other reason is under 20. So she figures she will throw you over. Its all about the money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts