Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm actually going through some really crappy social anxiety. I moved into res 2 days back and haven't yet visited any of my neighbors. Last night while the RA was talking to me, a couple of guys come over and introduced themselves and told me if I wanted to hang I should just come over to their room.

After that the RA asked me if I wanted to go for supper with the entire floor and I said yes, but I was very very anxious about it because I knew no one and everyone here seems to know everyone else. I didn't want to be the guy that walks alone in a group of 30. But I tried to push myself. I took a shower, got dressed and when I heard people moving out, I just froze. After they were gone I went out to subway and got myself a sandwich and came back, ate it alone, watched a movie and went to bed.

I'm actually ok when people come over and talk to me, but I just can't make myself go over to them and speak up. I really, desperately want to get rid of this anxiety disorder and any help would be wonderful.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Living on campus must be hard. Not having a private place to escape to... I just graduated myself, and I noticed that people who lived on campus did seem to know everyone else. If I lived on campus I think I would have become an alcoholic living in the cheap bars of south carolina.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts