Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do people do with free time I don't play sports don't do drugs. I don't know the first thing about meeting people.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well its saturday here. I dont really have much to do but I def. will be just going somewhere instead of becoming depressed at home.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Try getting a job. If you're bored and just chilling at home it helps keep you busy. Also, its really easy to get to know more people, its kind of forced that you have to interact with them. But don't feel pressure, they are in the same situation as you. Most of the time coworkers are friendly, and you'll fit right in.

Try a retail job, food service (mc d's, burger king) or something where you're working closely with other people. Its actually way easier than you think, and you learn a lot of solid social skills at these types of jobs.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Try getting a job. If you're bored and just chilling at home it helps keep you busy. Also, its really easy to get to know more people, its kind of forced that you have to interact with them. But don't feel pressure, they are in the same situation as you. Most of the time coworkers are friendly, and you'll fit right in.

Try a retail job, food service (mc d's, burger king) or something where you're working closely with other people. Its actually way easier than you think, and you learn a lot of solid social skills at these types of jobs.
I've been thinking of getting a part time job just to get out of this apartment and be active. The problem is that I have no idea of how to go about getting one and Im nervous to walk up to someone in a store and asking if any jobs are available.

·
Vann of the Dawn
81 Posts
I was addicted to world of warcraft but it waned off, sometimes I wish I was still addicted because it really filled up a void in my life.
I have thought about getting that, but decided that I wasn't sure if I wanted to get into something that addictive. I figure I will eventually though.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have thought about getting that, but decided that I wasn't sure if I wanted to get into something that addictive. I figure I will eventually though.
Being addicted to it is a magical feeling I cant describe. It was better before the expansions though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Video games=carpal tunnel for me. Although I love them!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been thinking of getting a part time job just to get out of this apartment and be active. The problem is that I have no idea of how to go about getting one and Im nervous to walk up to someone in a store and asking if any jobs are available.
Getting a job like these is very very simple. Try it! All you gotta do, is walk up to the counter of wherever you want to apply, ask "Could I have an application?", and they hand you one and you walk out. With jobs like this you don't really have to ask if they are hiring or talk with management or anything like that, just ask for an app and you're on your way. Odds are they might not be looking, so just go around town and ask for an application at any place you see! If its a small family business they probably won't hire, so just stay away from those.

Anyways, fill out your apps and turn them in asap. You're bound to get a call from one of them. When they call you for an interview, all you do is go in, they tell you your schedule, and give you your uniform or whatever. Its not even an interview. If you get the call, you're already hired.

Its a big step to make, and an easy one! Go out there and get yourself a job. haha

·
pitiful loser
1,154 Posts
Being addicted to it is a magical feeling I cant describe. It was better before the expansions though.
The expansion made it worse. Lots of new area, but it's back to stupid grind stuff and leveling new characters continues to be a crazy annoying process. I'm considering quitting permanently, but I still play it sometimes (about once or twice a month).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Job does sound good, because of its two-fold benefits (money + social skill development)

But as for other stuff, with free time I usually strive for doing other relatively productive things (result in tangible stuff) like attempting to create art/come up with designs, or write stories/screenplays and turn them into movies (of course, movies require the volunteering of multiple people :p). Other stuff involves going to bookstore and looking through books of interest, movies (cheap movie theatre closeby me), and exploring parts of town and seeing them in ways I never did before. Admittedly, some of this stuff I personally find more fun if it's done w/someone but oh well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Schoolwork, world of warcraft, smoke weed is what I do when I'm alone. Started working out and building up my body too, of course nobody will see it tho.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I volunteer doing web design. It's a great way to help an org while minimizing the social contact....although we do meet for meetings occasionally. I recommend volunteering for anyone considering a career change, or just looking for something to do. Unbeatable way to get experience that you'd typically need a think resume to do.

·
Registered
516 Posts
A little bit of videogames, but I'm broke so I haven't been able to afford the more recent one that have been released. I use a lot of time researching random ****, reading random books, meditation. And one of my all time favorite past-times have been limited due to my increase in dosage, so I can't even masturbate anymore, which really sucks 'cause that was one of my main sources of pleasure, now what do I got? A limp organ that's only function is to urinate, that's what I got.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Hey, I know what you mean. I was addicted to WoW too. My main's a grand marshal. I quit shortly after that, came back almost a year later, but really haven't been into the expansions.

It filled a void in my life that hasn't been filled since. Like I said in another post, WoW gave me a taste of what if was like to be part of an ingroup about 3 years ago, but I don't recommend it.

To the OP, I play WoW still.. lollll, and now I workout. I also check myspace and fb and feel like a stalker.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts