Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first forum I've joined, and I hope it helps. I have had intense social anxiety since I was a kid, and anxiety in general. As an adult looking back, I've realized my parents as well as my grandma had social anxiety but never knew it.(those things weren't talked about back then) I am sure my upbringing with an abusive alcoholic father and a mother who lives in denial also contributed to this disorder. My doctor says it's probably in my dna and I have to accept that's the way it is and I may have to be on meds my whole life. She also said it could be worse, that I could have a physical disease like cancer. (I don't think she should have said that) Knowing why I have sa doesn't seem to help me any. I've tried throught the years to push myself but as I'm getting older, it seems to be getting worse and I'm getting tired. If I typed everything that was on my mind right now, this would turn into a 500 page essay! Anyways I'm hoping I find some inspiration here. :) Again, I'm new to this so I might screw up on posting and replying for a bit till I get used to it.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Dawn welcome. :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
85 Posts
I also feel as I get older its getting worse and I am wore out.my first time doing the forum thing to.I'm glad I did.I never realized just how many people out there have this problem until I came here.I find that comforting.I hope thats not a bad thing.lol.Noo.I just don't feel so alone.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, StopStaring! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts