Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,662 Posts
Continuation school AKA independent studies, its kinda like home school. 3 hours detention with 15 kids out of all the 15 kids im the only one whos quiet it starts to take a toll on me being quiet for 3 hours but it's ok im happy:D

i wish i could be more outgoing and be able to return to regular high school and make friends and attended dances but it is what it is.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was homeschooled for one year when I was 12. I think that was the year when SA crept in. I was quiet before then, but not being around others that much got me used to being alone.

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
Home schooled until I hit college. I pretty much just sat in my room and did my own school stuff out of this curriculum book. =]

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm homeschooled. I'm 15 but in my final year. To be honest, I regret quitting school- I stopped going back in 2007 as I was having an awful time and ended up having to go to court (only a small thing but it was still pretty scary). My parents let me be homeschooled so I could get back to education after a year out but I've found it really hard to do the work as I'm just not motivated, and now I'm scared that I'll end up with no GCSE results (I have to pay to do them now, and as I'm not exactly rich I'm scared of taking them in case I waste all my mum and dad's money) and no chance to go to college (although I doubt I could cope with that anyway). Also, I've lost all three of my friends- the only ones I had- and now I basically just stay at home all day.
In short, I hate school but at least I had a 'life' there. Right now I've decided I have to get some sort of job to keep from disappearing completely, don't know how that's going to work out though.

·
SAS Membr
1,082 Posts
I was homeschooled for 7th and most of 8th grade. When I moved from Canada to the US I was too scared to go to school. Eventually my parents just ended up forcing me to go :(

·
Banned
2,265 Posts
I've been homeschooled for two years of highschool.

·
Daydreaming
586 Posts
Yeah, I quit going to school after 9th grade and then was homeschooled for 3 years 10th-12th grade. I kind of don't feel as if I'm into life (for various reasons, not just because I stayed home) and it's hard to get back out there in the world...but I was SO glad to get to stay home. It helped, even though I went into avoidance-mode. I had to quit though, I was way too stressed and sick alot. I had a nervous breakdown.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts