Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came up with a massive self-realisation today, that most of my anxiety stems from me not being able to forgive and accept myself and others. So I came up with a list of what I must try to forgive myself and others for in order to be relaxed and happy, and it would be good to hear other peoples lists too. I am feeling a weight off my shoulders already.

I forgive myself for:

Being angry and hate filled. I became so due to past experiences but these things happened in the past and are not an indication of my future. I must let these feelings go in order to be happy again.

Not saying sorry. The people involved had NOT apologised to YOU either for hurting you. But this doesn't mean that you shouldn't apologise to people who deserve your apology in the future.

Being sensitive, paranoid and needy in relationships. If I can forgive myself for things that myself and others have done in the past, I will not need to depend on others for my own happiness.

Becoming a recluse, not being open and retreating inside myself. You used this to avoid being hurt again and out of shame, but this was based on bad experiences with people from the past. It's time to live your life again with people in the present who are worth living it with!

Being so concerned about what other people think of me. People are most concerned about themselves! What matters is that I am proud of and accept myself.

Not being good looking or having a perfect personality, and being jealous of others. Everybody has their own flaws.

Not getting 100% on tests. Holding myself to such unrealistic goals will make me continue to be too hard on myself when I don't get the unrealistic outcomes I want.

Not being a social butterfly. It does not make you a bad person for wanting to be alone. People who make you feel bad for this just don't understand introverted people, much like you probably don't understand extroverted people.

Being depressed and anxious from the self-hate and resentment bottled up inside myself.

I forgive others for:

Not being good to me. Because of what certain people did you have not been good to yourself, or to innocent people, since. Accept this and forgive yourself. Remember that people who are not good to you may also have had people hurt them in the past.

Not liking me. I would not want to spend time with a person who hates themselves either!

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
That's awesome OP. Letting go of some stuff was really hard for me, even after I realized how toxic hanging on to my grievances was. It makes a tremendous difference though, I'm glad you did this.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I forgive myself for

Letting anger get the better of me and in turn, hurting the ones I love.

Taking for granted my first love, not listening to her as I shouldhave. And saying all those nasty things to her.

For continuously comparing myself to others and evaluating whether I'm 'good enough'. Needing to get my self esteem through other peoples downfalls ie. "At least I'm not as bad off as them".

Feeling like I'm so boring and that I'll die alone because I hate clubs and festivals and parties and would rather spend all my weekends cuddled up watching a movie and/or playing games.

Feeling inadequate around my friends because they all hsve successful relationships and are walking all the right paths of life

1 - 3 of 3 Posts