Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my perscription today.

I am just curious: How many mgs do you take to calm your anxiety?

My doc wants me to take 10 and go up to 20 if it doesn't work. However I have heard a lot of stories that it might take more than that.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I was prescribed 20 mg just to take situationally (like for job interviews) because I shake when I'm nervous, but I planned to cut one in half and try 10 mg first to see if it worked. I'm not big on medication so I don't when I'll try it. Maybe you can let me know if it worked for you. :O)

·
Registered
11 Posts
20mg doesn't do anything for me.. :no I'm a fairly slender 5'5" female... My anxiety and nerves tend to go through the roof though when I have to address groups or in public speaking situations.. I'm a mess.. I'm going to try 40 mg (and xanax) next time and see how I do.

I would say to try the smallest dose and see if it works for you... 10mg and 20mg probably works for many people.. I think it just depends on your situation and stress level..

206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took 10mg for class today.

I hate writing in front of people and when we have tests or quizzes, I kind of get so anxious that it's hard for me to breath and write at the same time... it's hard to explain. I have to write a few words, stop, breath, and write again. Today I didn't have any problem writing. It was nice.

However 10mgs is not enough for presentations and stuff.. I am going to have to experiment with that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts