Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
bye
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did you feel when you first saw your Boyfriend/girlfriend? What did you feel when you had your first kiss? Your first time?

·
bye
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Fleur des Sables
6 Posts
For this particular boyfriend (he's not my first, ha) when I first saw him, we were still in middle school I think, and he came and sat with me while I was drawing a picture. I didn't think much of him really, other than, "Cool, a new friend!" And we were friends for maaaany years before we started dating. Our first kiss was kind of an accident. I meant to kiss his cheek, and he turned his face, which now that I think about it he probably did that on purpose! :p Anyway, it gave me butterflies and made my face feel hot much like anxiety does... but this time it was in a good way :) Our first time as a couple with didn't go as planned because we were both really nervous, but you can't really take those things at face value I guess, if you get my drift. If we had just said "Well that time was kind of sucky, let's give up on this" we wouldn't have gotten to this point where four years later we're living together and still doing the same clumsy silly things we did as friends. Love is nice. It's an understatement there, yeah, but it's late and I'm sleepy so pardon my weird phrasing, haha.

The reality is that you don't always have these romantic, movie-like dramatic scenes where everything is beautiful and everything goes 100% right. A lot of the time I think people screw up on their first encounters with people. I know my first impressions have been awful with a lot of people who turned out to be great friends later on! It's just about working past that. I've been in a very healthy long term relationship for just about four years now and I am honestly very happy. It's great to have a best friend who you can come home to every day and talk to, commiserate with, cuddle with, play games with, kiss and hold, etc. It's really nice and I don't really get to talk about these things often so sorry if I just posted a novel in response to your thread :p :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts