Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I wasn't looking for work at all between January and May of this year. I was living off the money I'd earned from my previous job. It's a nice way to live. Work hard, save up money, then have a few months off. Of course I was only able to do that because I live at home and my only expenses are a small amount of rent to my mum and food.

But if you don't need the money then why work? I completely agree. My current bank balance is £50 though, so I've started looking now.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
If it's a choice between focusing on myself, or focusing on working in some cubicle making and selling widgets to those people that believe more exciting widgets will fill the empty holes in their lives.. then I choose to focus on myself. Not just for me, but also for those who buy the widgets!
yes but someone is paying your way. i sure wouldnt want someone mooching off me

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I can't say I've really experience "funemployment." I feel like such a loser and can't enjoy myself with this hanging over my head, regardless of what I do or where I go. Browsing job ad everyday sucks more than actually working. Just the whole process of having to cater ever cover letter to that specific job before you submit it is such a hassle!

·
Registered
1 Posts
New here,
I was 18. Took a whole summer trying to find a job, and I barely tried at that. I finally found a job at the last place I wanted to try (lot of people from school worked there)
I've been there for 3.5 years. I can't save any money, though I try. I don't want to be here any more, but I have nowhere else to go. It is just very conveniant, plus I finally got comfortable around my co-workers.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I can't say I've really experience "funemployment." I feel like such a loser and can't enjoy myself with this hanging over my head, regardless of what I do or where I go. Browsing job ad everyday sucks more than actually working. Just the whole process of having to cater ever cover letter to that specific job before you submit it is such a hassle!
Yeah "funemployment" my a** maybe for a person without SA but for me looking for a job is the most stressful part. I enjoy working and being a part of society.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts