Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Would you rather be underweight or overweight?

• Underweight

Votes: 52 78.8%
  • Overweight

Votes: 14 21.2%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you rather be overweight or underweight? I won't specify how much overweight or underweight, but just in general, which would you prefer?

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,711 Posts
overweight, but not obese.

·
Permanently bored
2,813 Posts
Underweight, like I am now. It'd be easier for me to put weight on (if I tried) than it would be to lose weight, given how lazy I am. And I look normal with clothes on, if a little on the skinny side, whereas if I was overweight it'd be impossible to hide it.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
I'd rather be underweight. I felt really self-conscious and uncomfortable when
I was overweight.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Overweight. Been made fun of throughout my entire life for being skinny.

I suppose I am not technically underweight, but I often feel like I am. It is damn near impossible for me to gain any weight at all (no matter how much I eat/workout).

If I was overweight I'd work my *** off and turn that fat into muscle :D

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Underweight - being overweight is hard on the body.

·
blessed with lucky sevens
840 Posts
Overweight. Been made fun of throughout my entire life for being skinny.

I suppose I am not technically underweight, but I often feel like I am. It is damn near impossible for me to gain any weight at all (no matter how much I eat/workout).

It's interesting because we want the opposite of what we are. Like, you'd probably love to be my size and I'd love to be skinny like you. :) It's weird like that.
We aren't satisfied with what we look like.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I think both underweight guys and overweight guys are equally unattractive to women, and both will be ridiculed, but underweight guys tend to have fewer health issues and more energy. I was really underweight at one point, but I changed that.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Underweight - being overweight is hard on the body.
Being underweight can be just as hard, but in a different way. It all depends by how much.

Personally, I'd love to be underweight. I have been overweight my entire life and have always struggled with it. I'd really like to know how it would feel to be 100 pounds lighter.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
society doesn't like overweight people
That's changing. Being overweight is now seen as average, since it literally is average in a nation where 40% of adults are either overweight or obese.

And I seem to recall statistics from one state where a whopping 44% of the kids were obese (I emphasize that since I don't mean merely overweight, but a BMI of 30+). How the hell do they decide on the playground who the fat one is so they can tease them?:stu I was picked on endlessly at as the fat kid, but back decades ago being fat actually made you stand out from the crowd; now most of the crowd is fat and me from 1985 would be nothing out of the ordinary on a 2009 playground.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
From what I understand, that's not quite how it works. Fat doesn't turn into muscle when you work out. Instead, it's always a at least two step process. If you're overweight, you work on cutting the fat while building a little muscle, then work on bulking up to build muscle while gaining a little fat, then cut the remaining fat (and end up losing a bit of muscle). If you're underweight, you have to bulk up to build muscle while gaining fat, then cut the fat (and end up losing a bit of muscle). Both overweight and underweight people have to take time to do it depending on how overweight or underweight they are.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Underweight, but not a lot under.

·
Banned
850 Posts
ive met too many jealous no character overweight and underweight men to give a ****. im light heavyweight in size and in good shape and always will be. yay me.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I guess it isn't surprising that most would prefer to be underweight.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts