Registered
1,784 Posts
asked her to an sas meetup
she texted me out after
:D

·
Sternritter
964 Posts
Had 3 girlfriends that I all asked out. These people didn't have SA but were too shy to ask me out. Kinda interesting.

·
Sternritter
964 Posts
That was back in high school tho. My hypersensitivity to rejection is probably why I've been single for 5 years.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Met her on this site, we messaged each other for months getting more and more personal and I started hinting that I like her and she took the hints and liked me back, and it just went from there until we arranged to meet up, its cool because she understands SA and anxiety and doesn't care how quiet I am, she is like the only person I can be completely relaxed around and talk openly with

I honestly feel like this was my only hope of ever meeting someone, don't have a clue how it would happen any other way, and for a long time felt completely depressed and destined to be alone

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
I like the stories of you guys meeting on this site

·
Registered
290 Posts
Learned how to not be a ***** and talk to girls. (I've forgotten how to after being in a relationship for 2 years, unfortunately)

My two real relationships started when 1) I said something to her at the gym since I saw her somewhere before. Then I ran into her at a party and started talking. 2) At work, started talking about music and I invited her to a show. I later found out she liked me from the start, and she turned out to be the most amazing thing that ever happened to me. But the other one actually thought I was an arrogant prick at first :clap

In both cases, I initiated communication and I made the move. Prior to these, the non-serious girls in my life happened when I approached them at a party(obviously that doesn't lead to a *relationship*). One was a girl I met at the mall - I simply told her she was cute and started talking(this method involves a lot of rejection, but hey, I ended up meeting a pretty cool person as a result!).

The first girl I've ever been with was a girl I met in an MMORPG and ended up meeting in real life. The second was a girl that went to my school and randomly contacted me on facebook. Things like this don't happen often, and for the most part, you have to be the aggressor.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm single now but all of the g/fs I've had in my life have pursued me, or at least were the ones to keep the relationship going. More importantly they would make the first moves on me because I struggle like crazy to do that. Inability to make the first move physically has cost me a few women that I really wanted to be with.

I tend to require the woman to make all the moves if she want to be with me so that definitely hurts me. When I don't make moves women tend to think I'm not interested and dissapear.

·
Hi!
462 Posts
The girls I have been out with, have all asked me out. I'm beta to the max (I do this under the disguise of being hard to get.).

·
SASsy
18,100 Posts
I've only had 4 and all four made the first move. With my severe SA I was too scared to make any sort of move on them until they initiated the contact. After that, my SA (around them, anyway) greatly diminished. But, I would still hesitate to call them sometimes and to ask them certain "personal" questions and so forth... :no

1 - 12 of 12 Posts