Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can't stop eating.. even when i'm extremely full, i need more food.
I've already cut out all junk food, but then i still wanna eat anything. i eat too much but it's like its the only thing i can enjoy in my life...

its rlealy annyoing and im gaining weight.

·
Fitting In Here & There
808 Posts
Have you recently started on a medication? Maybe it's a side effect? When i take Xanax once in a while, I literally turn into a bottomless pit and don't physically feel full even tho I ate too much.

I have had the habit of overeating sometimes over the years and for me I eat more when I feel lonely... Maybe you are feeling some emotion that you don't normally feel and instead are comforting yourself with food?

Other things to do instead of eating: You could try writing in a journal, or talking to someone, or go do something physical like a long walk.

Whatever you do, start it now before you gain too much weight and then feel even worse and eat more...Good luck!

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
You guys got to reprogram your metabolism through vigorous exercise and spacing out when you eat. It'll be minimum a 6 month process if not more. But if you do it properly, you can reprogram your metabolism to be incredibly fast. I would read up on diet at bodybuilding.com, read varying opinions so you get the idea of what you need to do. The important thing is not to cut down on intake, but replace intake with healthier foods.

Also, try to chew your food slower and eat slower. You'll have a better feeling of when you are full.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I have put on 30kgs (converted to whatever units you use, no idea) in the last couple of years from emotional eating and overeating. I hate it. I try to stop myself. But the cravings are always there.
I used to be so fit and healthy. Now its like Ive given up. 30kgs is alot to loose. I know it can be done. Ive done it before. But it just seems like a neverending battle.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Yep. I definitely am always looking in the fridge/pantry for something to eat when I'm EXTREMELY FULL. I hate it :( luckily, you can't tell, because I'm thin. But it won't always be like this. I have gained 5 lbs recently, but idk if it's natural weight gain or not... it's not much, yet.

Eating is like my only consistent hobby.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You guys got to reprogram your metabolism through vigorous exercise...
Easier said than done. The depression makes sure I'm not motivated enough to do any and my anxiety stops me getting out to do any excersize (and my house is really too small to do any inside even if I could get motivated)

Paul

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Easier said than done. The depression makes sure I'm not motivated enough to do any and my anxiety stops me getting out to do any excersize (and my house is really too small to do any inside even if I could get motivated)

Paul
Have you tried to go somewhere, whether just walking or going to the gym, but put on some headphones? It helps relax you while exercising, plus music helps you feel pumped up. Plus you don't have to interact with anyone if you don't want to.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Have you tried to go somewhere, whether just walking or going to the gym, but put on some headphones? It helps relax you while exercising, plus music helps you feel pumped up. Plus you don't have to interact with anyone if you don't want to.
Walking is OK but doesn't help you to lose weight quick enough, my size it would take decades (I should know I walk the dogs most days). I need more vigerous excersize but I "CAN'T" go to a gym or anything similar, not even with headphones on. Infact they would make it worse as i would think that not only do people think look silly I'd look even sillier with the headphones.

Paul

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Walking is OK but doesn't help you to lose weight quick enough, my size it would take decades (I should know I walk the dogs most days). I need more vigerous excersize but I "CAN'T" go to a gym or anything similar, not even with headphones on. Infact they would make it worse as i would think that not only do people think look silly I'd look even sillier with the headphones.

Paul
You just have to focus your thoughts on goals. You have to get past what people would think about you when doing it. Think of the short-term goals and the bigger picture instead of what people would think of you. You just have to want it more than anything in the world and you'd do what it takes to get there. You just have to remember, it won't happen in a day and it's a lifestyle change.

Walking is excellent, but you have to try to do it faster. If you keep doing it at the same pace, you get the effects of diminishing returns. Plus, you need you push yourself all the way in order to lose fat.

But try these things as a start. If there's a situation where you'd make an escalator or stair, walk up the stars. Park your car further away. If you need to pick up something on the ground, squat down. Just a few examples of little things you can do that piles on and makes a big difference.

Set your first goals as achievable and realistic. Small victories are valuable and build up confidence.

The other part is to seek out all the knowledge about exercise you can and find ways to exercise that suit you and your body. You have to do something you enjoy and you are comfortable with.

You just gotta get past what you think people think about you. Exercise and keeping in-shape is all about yourself. You don't have to go to a gym, as long as you have your body, you can exercise. Exercises using body-weight are more beneficial.

Start with the 3 basics:

Push-ups
Sit-ups
Squats

Throw in some jumping jacks as well.

You can do these easily by yourself. Start a bit by bit every day and if you keep it up in the long-term, you'll start to see results. You don't have to go to a gym to get big or get skinnier. It's all about method and persistence.

As for overeating healthy food, that's where the vigorous comes in the equation. If you exercise vigorously, you'll need those calories and you'll start to develop building muscle instead of it turning into fat. Also when you work your *** off, you become more careful about what you eat automatically.

Most important, drink a lot of water. At least 12 full glasses of water per day. Without drinking lots of water, fat loss isn't possible under any circumstance.

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
Since yesterday I been feeling very hungry. I am glad I don't have much food in the house esp junk food or I would be on an eating rampage. :lol It must be the weather, or it could be stress. It has been stressful week.

·
dirt person
2,788 Posts
yeah, i have this problem too. i mostly overeat when i'm bored and alone at home. loneliness i guess...
what worries me is that i don't stop eating even if i know i will feel bad later. i keep eating until my stomach hurts.

·
Registered
202 Posts
yeah, i have this problem too. i mostly overeat when i'm bored and alone at home. loneliness i guess...
what worries me is that i don't stop eating even if i know i will feel bad later. i keep eating until my stomach hurts.
Same with me. I sometimes do it to the point I will breath in and out as little as possible so I don't put as much pressure on my stomach, therefore making it hurt more. I'll also just not move at all, any movement hurts so much. I've been warned that if I continue that my stomach could rupture. :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am in the same mess. It is kind of like a viscious cycle bc when I eat like this it makes me feel worse, and I want to go out even less than I normally do, so I wind up staying home, feeling bad bc Im alone, and eating more.

What I have been doing these past few weeks is eat really healthy 6 days a week and eat what I want 1 day a week. This way I dont really feel deprived.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You just have to focus your thoughts on goals. You have to get past what people would think about you when doing it.
You just gotta get pst what you think people think about you. Exercise and keeping in-shape is all about yourself.
i think the expression "easier said than done" is especially redundant here, considering many of us have been trying to do this since birth.:roll

1 - 20 of 30 Posts