Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To sum up the last two years without taking up alot of your time.. A year ago I found myself in the darkest part of my life. I was drinking alot, and I weighed about 223... I got my head out of my ***, attended community college, and now I'm at ASU weighing 203 pounds. I'm halfway to my goal weight. Need to drop another 20 lbs, and I need to work on my SA. I'm tired of walking by cute girls, and ot saying anything. Often they are sitting by themselves at a train or in class, and I don't have the guts to approach them. It has to end now. I was given a second lease on life... I also got misdiagnosed with stomach cancer, and I'm gonna take full advantage of my 2nd chance. Here are my pics as of today.

·
Awesome Guy
32 Posts
Looking good!

And may I suggest a good ice breaker with girls?...classwork.

When I was in college and I wanted to talk to a pretty girl in my class I would approach her about an assignment I missed or ask if she is having as much headache with a paper or subject as I was.

That small conversation can often bloom into anything. :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Today was my first day with my new approach to life. I talked with three different girls, and all the interactions went well! Do you think I should be self-conscience about my weight when talking with those girls?

·
Cheese.
659 Posts
Should you be self conscious about your weight when talking to a girl? No ^_^! In fact, if for some reason your weight EVER comes up, you should be proud and tell them your story. You're taking matters into your own hands, and changing your life. Why should you be embarrassed?

It's great that you're putting yourself out there and meeting new people, congrats :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys! I'm getting alot more social around girls I don't know. I'm starting up small talk with them, and even making a few laugh. My working out is still going good. My left leg has been bothering me so instead of waiting for it to get better, I walk now instead of run.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Today I weighed in at 201! So close to 199 its been a long journey! I also talked with some hot girls today and didn't stutter!

·
I have to feed my dog
1,889 Posts
It's cool that you're getting in shape but don't worry too much about the number that is your weight. Just by looking in the mirror you can see your improvement and as you gain muscle and lose fat you're going to see that your weight won't change much and that might make you worry. So just keep going and notice how you look, that's the key.

·
Cheese.
659 Posts
It's cool that you're getting in shape but don't worry too much about the number that is your weight. Just by looking in the mirror you can see your improvement and as you gain muscle and lose fat you're going to see that your weight won't change much and that might make you worry. So just keep going and notice how you look, that's the key.
I second that.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
This is very inspirational! Thanks for posting! :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright guys! A big update! I had a great weekend. I went to a few parties Friday and Saturday. It was amazing. My confidence was going through the roof, I was meeting alot of people, and it seemed my SA was gone Friday night. I was in my zone... I really don't know how to describe. It was a life changing event. I got over 3 girls numbers this weekend,and one who seems really into me. Though the problem is I found out she was 17 (shes a freshmen in college though).

It kinda sucks, but I guess the big thing is for once someone was into me.. That has never really happened to me before. Someone who actually took an interest in what I had to say. People in my own family never really took an interest, and here this girl has done something in all my 22 years of life no one has done before. All my make outs or romantic connections before had been random and unplanned. But this.. It just baffles me. She even wants to hang out with me next weekend! I think I might have to cut it off cause she is a little young, but it has opened a door that has never been opened for me before.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your name is almost as awesome as your post Luffy.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think I might have to cut it off cause she is a little young, but it has opened a door that has never been opened for me before.
Dude - you should listen to yourself! You are 22 and a 17 year old is interested in you. Do not cut it off! :eek: ...oh, you were referring to the relationship and not your, ahem.....

Well, do not cut off your new relationship. Your age difference is immaterial. If you like her and are worried that the age difference will make a relationship difficult, you've just planted the seed of destruction in your mind. If you are worried that if it leads further, that you'll be flirting with jail, you are worrying WAY too much.

You are starting to act confident, which is why women (even younger ones) are paying attention to you. Your weight or physical appearance are secondary to your appearance of confidence. If she thinks your are comfortable in your skin, she will find you attractive despite imperfections. Ladies, am I right? My wife, who at 42 remains incredibly beautiful and attractive (and out of my league), went after me 20 years ago because I projected confidence (which I did with respect to work/profession but not with regard to women - I was totally love-shy. I've had other people tell me that they thought I was older and more experienced professionally than I was because of the control/presence I display at a job site). Don't convince yourself that there are potential problems down the road. Confident men don't do that. They just go "straight at 'em" (like Lord Nelson).

I am demanding an update next weekend that shows that you called her and you both had a good time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Failure of a weekend... Something is just off or maybe I'm just not seeing something. I truely have changed my attitude.. I've started working out.. The girl situation isn't falling through at all. I think I'm going to go off the grid for awhile, and try to figure out why girls just aren't attracted to me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts