Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
I use to be afraid to fly, but then I had to go to some conference and it was kind of exhilarating. But still, every time the plan takes off I worry if that will be my last flight.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I used to fly a lot, never got used to it, scared me to death, I once screamed "Oh my God we're all going to die".............Piedmont didn't like me much........Leaving the plane, the Stewardess told me that another air line was having a special (Not kidding).......
Started taking the red eye.........Had a few drinks.......Being tired, and drunk...........I no longer cared....

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I flew for the first time in early February 2003 to my cousin's wedding - it was in Florida the weekend of the Columbia tragedy. It was an odd feeling knowing that I was literally 90 minutes away from where it was supposed to have landed that day.

I managed to handle the flights even with turbulence. I had a lot of fun on those flights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been on planes before and I was always scared of them but I don't think I ever want to set foot in another plane after seeing all the stuff that happened on September 11th. I have relatives overseas but the only way I'll ever see them again is if they fly here or if I go there by boat. But I'm scared of boats too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's interesting - I'm scared of heights, but I'm a pilot. Apparantly this isn't too uncommon either.

I can't stand near the window in a skyscraper, but I love sitting in a light plane at 5000+ feet. Strange...

·
Registered
7 Posts
i am terrified to fly but i recently when all the way across the US on a plane. but i had lots of drugs to make me not afraid to fly and calm me down haha.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've never been on a plane. I'm not afraid of flying, I've just never had the opportunity to fly. It's something I really want to do. I'm afraid of taking a plane by myself, though, just because I am afraid of being in an airport and figuring out what to do, where I am supposed to go, missing my flight, and looking stupid. This fear pretty much extends to buses and trains as well, even though I've taken those before.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yeah, I hate flying (even more than driving the freeway). The only times when I was okay with it were when I was younger and when I was on 90mg of Nardil.

I have to fly up north for Thanksgiving this year, and I'm not looking forward to it.

P.S. Bonnie, I'm glad I wasn't on that plane when you screamed, "Oh my God we're all going to die". LOL ;) I can't believe that stewardess said that to you.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I plan on going from NJ to northern CA soon, and I'm nervous about it. I've never been on a plane alone before. I'm afraid of missing my flight, my ID not being good enough (I look different than my picture portrays me), and just the whole process in general more than the flight itself. I look forward to my friend Julia driving across the country to CA than actually flying alone. I just fear the worst will happen.

·
Sassy
2,222 Posts
I flew twice by myself this summer, which added up to 8 take offs and 8 landings. The first time I was quite scared, even the second time I kept jumping every time the plane shook or something. But, I'm still here, so I'm not against it. :lol

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
I flew the first time when I was 4 or so and I've done it several times overseas since then and I'm usually okay but this summer when I flew I was terrified. I had a few panic attacks during the flights and it was not fun.

And now I am terrified to fly again, and I don't ever want to because I'm pretty sure somethign bad will happen...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts