Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Writer
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else likes this short story?

I first read it for English class, when i was around 15. I immediately loved it. Very ingenious way of forming the narrative too, and then the actual story is very touching.

At times i feel like i am like the person in that story, having lost intelligence and creative powers, trying to get them back in a race against the clock.

The death of Algernon, alongside the death of intelligence, means that there is both a physical and a mental destruction. Really a very sad and powerfull tale...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe he has expanded it into a larger story. Not quite a novel, but it certainly feels more like one. It has a lot of great insight towards his past and him trying to find something missing in himself, despite having all the knowledge in the world. It's great and I recommend it.

I also would like to request to remove the spoiler in your post so as to not detract any potential readers who would get turned off by seeing it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I just read it last month actually, it was very touching book. Sometimes I wonder if science will find a way to increase intelligence in our society.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
I read it in the eighth grade. I was 13. Good story.
We also watched the movie with Cliff Robertson.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts