Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to make this clear I have a girlfriend and by no means was I doing anything to bring this on.

I was sitting in Chapters (a bookstore in Canada) the other day sitting down a reading. This group of teen's sat next to me and were talking very loudly about stuff. This girl who sat down beside me (I was sitting there before they were) then asked me what I was reading. I showed her, she then asked me "Is it any good." and I said "yes.". Her friends then got up a started to leave. The other girl that was with her told her to "stop flirting." and then they left. Should I be wierded out about this or am I just blowing this out of proportion lol?

·
Registered
177 Posts
um...not that i can tell?? i am confused as why you would be weirded out. sounds like it went down just as you told it. they were in the bookstore, she sees a cute guy, she goes over to flirt, the gang gets up to leave, she gets picked on by a friend who tells her to stop flirting, then they leave. the end. right?
be flattered. she liked you :yes

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was kind of flattered, but also felt bad because I have a girlfriend. I guess I am confused because it has never happened to me before.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
I think it would weird anybody out. I think they were just having fun and nothing more. The flirting thing was a joke.

·
The Phoenix
381 Posts
I would take it as a WTF? Moment and just leave at that. Save it for a funny story sometime!

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
Flirting is nothing more than a way of "testing the waters". People flirt in order to determine interest or availability. If they don't get the reaction that they're looking for then they can just laugh it off. It can also lead to much more.

·
Banned
791 Posts
Just to make this clear I have a girlfriend and by no means was I doing anything to bring this on.

I was sitting in Chapters (a bookstore in Canada) the other day sitting down a reading. This group of teen's sat next to me and were talking very loudly about stuff. This girl who sat down beside me (I was sitting there before they were) then asked me what I was reading. I showed her, she then asked me "Is it any good." and I said "yes.". Her friends then got up a started to leave. The other girl that was with her told her to "stop flirting." and then they left. Should I be wierded out about this or am I just blowing this out of proportion lol?
She was just being curious and friendly and they were just teasing her. No reason to be weirded out. People do stuff like this all of the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts