Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
An Annoying person
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think I've identified my biggest dating insecurity. I've been doing a bit better in terms of actually talking to crushes, in fact, with my last two, I actually got to the point where I was talking to them regularly. Yet, it always feels like I'm so close yet so far.

Even though I often give off a bad first impression, as seen by the amount of girls who give me dirty looks or look at me like I'm scary or something, when I talk to them, they almost always seem to react positively to me.

But even though I can talk to girls I like, even make friends with them if I'm dedicated enough and she seems to have a positive disposition towards me, I can't seem to take things to the next level. I don't believe in the "friendzone" as such, but for a lack of a better term, that's essentially what it feels like when I talk to someone I like. It doesn't help that I have no idea how to identify when a girl like me or that I have no idea how attractive I am, I could be very handsome or way below average for all I know.

I don't wanna be "that guy" who makes friends with girls while having ulterior motives, definitely not, I respect girls and if a girl doesn't like me back, I can respect and understand that and I'll pull back. But on the other hand, I don't really know how not to be like that or what the alternative is either. If I just knew how to do it right, I think I could get a girlfriend, I know I have the right mindset right now.

Thanks for bothering to read and any advice would be appreciated :).

·
Registered
210 Posts
There is an easy way of telling if a girl sees you as a potential partner: if you ask her who she likes and she doesn't want to tell, it means you have chances with her. If she mentions someone else, you know she doesn't like you that way.

For example, on Valentine's Day, my crush asked me who I like, but I was too shy to admit I like him, so I changed the conversation topic.

·
Cursed and Despised
2,352 Posts
Also get dirty looks and give off creepy vibes so that limits my chances...

I think you are overly sensitive and respectful and caring... you don't have to be a total d*ck, but most girls don't respond to or like "nice guys"

Yea very hard to tell if a girl is interested... some are and give the opposite impression... some don't and are just naturally flirty and outgoing which can be misleading...

If you are in a situation where you are talking to a girl, just be confident and aggressive and try not to overthink anything... you also sound too unsure, which is normal at your age... I would just try to cover up these insecurities as much as possible... until you work them out...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts