Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always been afraid of flaunting my thoughts, more specifically about girls, like how some guys will talk about how hot some girl is or will say which celebrity they want to sleep with, well i have never been good with that up until now, i am more comfortable speaking my mind now, it helps me feel like a regular warm blooded male and sometimes when i am with my family, i will purposely go off about how hot some girl i saw was because i think they thought i have always been strange because i didnt flaunt about girls and maybe questioned my sexuality in the past.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Hmmm.. I always hated hearing guys going on about how hot a certain girl is or celebrities etc. Especially if he was my bf at the time or a guy I was interested in.. I never thought of it as confident or attractive. But I guess its different cause that's what guys talk about when girls aren't around.

·
SASsy
18,100 Posts
Hmmm.. I always hated hearing guys going on about how hot a certain girl is or celebrities etc. Especially if he was my bf at the time or a guy I was interested in.. I never thought of it as confident or attractive. But I guess its different cause that's what guys talk about when girls aren't around.
You ever been in a men's locker room?

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
I always been afraid of flaunting my thoughts, more specifically about girls, like how some guys will talk about how hot some girl is or will say which celebrity they want to sleep with, well i have never been good with that up until now, i am more comfortable speaking my mind now, it helps me feel like a regular warm blooded male and sometimes when i am with my family, i will purposely go off about how hot some girl i saw was because i think they thought i have always been strange because i didnt flaunt about girls and maybe questioned my sexuality in the past.
Good for you! It's just weird when I do it though... Everyone always seems so uncomfortable when I do it. But ohwells, I'm pretty weird eternally, so I'm not bothered.

Maybe give a couple of examples of these "thoughts" that you flaunt?

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
I always thought it was pretty lame to talk about girls you're not gonna sleep with but just fantasize to make conversation, but then if I want to make conversation with the guys, I'll talk about it, but not so much.

"Yeah Kate Beckinsale is hot in leather in the Underworld Movie..."

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've always been like this and still am. I can never talk about women regarding attraction with anyone, even family. I get so incredibly embarrassed and just feel filthy and stupid. I think I got the phobia when I was younger. For some reason my family would always tease me about stuff regarding women. They never really did it to my other brothers though. I don't know why I'm the one they targeted.

I'm glad you're finally starting to get over it. It's a very normal thing that most people have no problem expressing. I hear people do it all the time like no big deal.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Yep. Which is why I have never had a celebrity crush or whatever. I know my league.
Talking about what celebrity you find attractive is not really gloating or saying you have a chance with them. It's just small talk to pass the time. Plus I see a lot of cutties on the street every week that look better than a lot of celebrities anyway.

·
Banned
1,460 Posts
i would be afraid to flaunt my thoughts too if i wanted to sleep with the girls from the disney/nick channel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts