Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure weather to post this on the poetry board or in here, because it's spiritual. But I figured it fit in here better. But anyway, I never write about my faith, and I was just thinking how a lot of people never see themselves as spiritual until bad stuff happens. Or how some christians don't really pray like they should until they need something. I don't know... anyway I wrote this.

Fix

Fix, we all need a fix. A fix of something every now and then. Just a little something that puts us on edge. Forgetting that later, regret will be swimming in our heads. Then we need a fix of another kind. Maybe a fix of the spiritual kind. Isn't it sad how we put Him off? Only when we need something, is when we call. Like a ******* son, calling his long lost dad, because he's used up all the money he had. ignominious, how we use you lord. How we only call when were about to fall. I put you on like a new pair of shoes, and wear you up, until you've been used, and throw you away until I need more. Then I come running, running back to your door. Like an addict with an addiction he can't kick, I'm a dog with a scab that he can't pick. Like a sinner with grace that conflicts. I'm a servant with faults that she can't fix. Funny how a sinner is just a saint that's fallen. Sometimes neither seem to hear God calling. What a thin line between the two. With complaints and grips, gossip and strife, with you're lives so grim, you torture him, and crucify the lord. And all we do is use him. We'll praise, and then abuse him. But still he lets us come to him. Because he's God. ignominious, how we use you lord. How we only call when were about to fall. I put you on like a new pair of shoes, and wear you up until you've been used, and throw you away until I need more. Then I come running, running back to your door. Like an addict with an addiction he can't kick, I'm a dog with a scab that he can't pick. Like a sinner with grace that conflicts. I'm a servant with faults that she can't fix. I need you like water, and when I'm with you all is possible. And even though nothing I do is justifiable, you're never unreliable. Have to get my fix. I need a fix of you, fix me and make me anew. ignominious, how we use you lord. How we only call when were about to fall. I put you on like a new pair of shoes, and wear you up until you've been used, and throw you away until I need more. Then I come running, running back to your door. Like an addict with an addiction he can't kick, I'm a dog with a scab that he can't pick. Like a sinner with grace that conflicts. I'm a servant with faults that she can't fix. Like demons that must soon come to the light, or the world with temptations we must fight. I'm not going to stop until I get it right. I'm a Christian up in arms, with a serious plight. Like a perfect flower that needs to be picked or lumpy cake batter that needs to be mixed, there's no one, that he can't fix. Fix, we all need a fix. A fix of something every now and then.

By, Monique 2004

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, and yeah I think that would be cool. I'd like to read other people's work as well. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts