Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed when I feel/think I'm having an anxiety attack my heart rate spikes up. The stressor was conversation. It bothers me. Don't get me wrong I like to Converse. But, I'm afraid of the conversation going into a direction in which I can not control. Or being misunderstood, or whatever. Cause that happens often. I know I can not avoid conversation, because I have much family... How can I cope? Without hurting someone's feelings? Im working on myself. I just need time. & Space. T

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think it's normal for the heart rate to increase when you are nervous. My face also turns red too. Most of the time, I try to slow down my speech as I tend to talk extremely fast when nervous.

·
Failure's Art
1,920 Posts
Well your heart rate goes up anytime you do anything other than sit still, even just talking while calm will raise your heart rate. So it may not necessarily mean you are having an anxiety attack if your heart rate is elevated, i.e. if you're just around family and aren't that stressed and having a conversation. But yea obviously being nervous will send your heart rate shooting up, I always end up with a pounding heart when I'm on conference calls. You can try taking a beta blocker in those situations which will reduce your heart rate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts