Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have like a Train/Bus/Plane phobia and next week I am going on vacation and I need to take all of the three transports to get to my destination, so I went to the doctor and prescribed me 5 Gel capsules of 10mg Temazepam.

I have researched about this benzo and a lot of people say it's for Insomnia, so my question is will it help me to reduce my anxiety and the change to get a panic attack while sitting in the Train/Bus/Plane.

I am scared that I need to take 3-4 pills to get to my destination and I don't have enough to get back to get home because I'm panicking before I get in the plane back or something so please someone help me!! It's bugging me for a long time now.

The trip is about 7-9 Hours long. :afr

(sorry for my english it's not my first language )

·
Master of my domain
1,339 Posts
I don't know much about temazepam but if you google around you can find that 10 mg of it seems to equal 0.5 mg xanax. So I think two capsules of it should be just fine to keep you calm for the most part of the journey (the effect may start to wear off towards the end but I think the most crucial is to be cool when it starts and be able to ease in to the situation).

All benzos are pretty effective for anxiety.

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
On planes I combine a benzo w/ benadryl (diphenhydramine). I sleep like a baby, this is very sedating. it prevents motion sickness, and the antihistamine potentiates the benzo so I dont get anxious. I hate flying, so I would rather sleep anyway.

·
Fighting demons!
767 Posts
Magnesium oil+ rhodiola rosea= zen mode.

Benzos= drunk drugged mode.

·
WillCedar
69 Posts
Magnesium oil+ rhodiola rosea= zen mode.

Benzos= drunk drugged mode.
I had never heard of Magnesium oil or Rhodiola Rosea. So after reading your post I made a trip to Vitamin Shoppe and tried this stuff out. Figured it was worth a try.

I've been on Atenolol and Clonazepam for 2 years, and they've both worked great. The problem is Clonazepam 0.5 mg only lasts about 3 hours for me and I only take it about 4 times a week. I need more relief. Atenolol (25 mg daily) has lowered my blood pressure and has wiped out a lot of the physical symptoms, particularly my rapid heartbeat and heart palpitations.

I was hoping Magnesium oil and Rhodiola Rosea would help alleviate a lot of my anxiety as well. I've been using these daily (in the morning before work) for just over 2 weeks now, and I haven't felt any relief whatsoever. I'm going to keep using it until they run out, and maybe give it one more try (2 months at the most) but I'm not too optimistic at this point. Has anyone else here had any success using Mag Oil and RR? If nothing else works, I may have to resort to taking Clonazepam more often. I was hoping to keep it at 4x a week but 12 hrs a week of relief isn't cutting it.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
Tire yourself out ahead of time to add to the sedative effect of the temazepam so you can sleep through your trip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts