Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to say finding this site has helped me a lot and put my feet on a new path that will hopefully lead to a better place than where i am at now.

the last few years have been hard for me as my social anxiety has greatly impaired my life. I never had a clue as to what was wrong and the problems were only getting worse till i found this support group and found people in a similar situation.

I have all the typical problems; anxiety, fear of rejection, thinking that everyone's always watching me and thinking negative things about me. Not going to class because of this and avoiding social contact. Some secondary things like narcissism, schizotypal, histrionic and avoidant disorders plague me as well.

Not sure of the entire reasons I am like this, but i know my environment growing up played a large roll. my mother displays a lot of these problems as well and both my siblings. My father moving out at a young age and leaving us to live with a depressed, anxious, narcissistic, avoidant, paranoid and histronic mother definitely didn't help.

For a while I have blamed both them, but i am moving on. I know my mother had a rough childhood as well and cant be completely to blame for my problems. maybe i can help her and my siblings after i help myself.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Sean, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, NosceTeIpsum! :)

I need to find out what that means.....it's Latin :lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts