Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's and gals

Im new here and finally decided to reach out.
I am going on 25 I dont work I dont drive and when I was young I was diagnosed with ocd.
That was many many many years ago. I took meds and stopped as a preteen(ish)
I got my drivers permit before but never took the driving exam to get my license.
I have worked before at 4 different places at various ages. The last time years ago. Never long however. Thankfully I have an amazing man who loves and supports me.
I feel guilty every waking day though. The guilt eats at me. If youve ever felt the guilt I am referring about then you know how horrible it is. Much like my anxiety which too eats at me everyday. I have panic attacks. My mind races. I sweat. I feel ill. It radiates and it just consumes my life.
I feel like a hermit in its shell. I am open to seeking help and taking medication again as its been many years since I have and it is much more severe now.
My husband is supportive of my problems and doesnt push....
He wants me to drive and feel ok but isnt pushy about it. Wants me to get help.
My family outside of him (my mother more so) pushes every single day and doesnt understand what I live with. She has mentioned once that perhapse I should talk with someone but doesnt think what I feel is abnormal. In fact its what everyone feels and i am being ridiculous. (Not her words but when I try to verbalize how hard it is...she gets angry)
My family is loving and good and they want me to be ok . I want to be ok but they just dont understand entirely and see my fears as a failure.

Anyhow thats my intro.

·
Autistic
6 Posts
Wow. Your mum sounds just like my dad :eek:

Seriously!

I'm just like um, yeh dad, I'd love to just waltz up the road like a normal person to the park with the dog...... there's just this little issue that its so stressful that I can't find it enjoyable in any way, shape or form :um

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont come out all the way to alot of people. Its not something I just talk about.
It is hard for me. Even being a woman I too feel weak or odd I just tryto put a positive spin on things. Even sonething as simple as going to the doctor or making a phone call is hard for me. So I am still trying to manage it but I mostly avoid situations where I stick out sort of speaking or where I cant function like others. Im good at avoidance. I hope to get the courage to get help for it but that too is hard.

It feels great though to be on here with others who feel the same
And lol to the dog walking.
Ive had to walk to pay a bill (usually my husband does) but occasionally ive (had) too because hes been at work. If it were my mother shed jump on me for "bracing" myself.
My husband always asks if I can or if I feel up to it and checks in to make sure im ok.
I guess im lucky on that part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.