Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past few years I've been looking through the forums on this site, I finally made an account a couple minutes ago. Kind of a "long time listener first time caller" deal.

So yeah, I have no idea what to do. Do I vent, ask questions, try to meet people?

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just looked through a couple of other new threads and they all have something written about themselves, so here it goes-

I've had a social anxiety of some kind for as long as I could remember. The worst part for me was that while I was growing up I was smart enough to realize that I wasn't normal. That would often translate into depression which I have just recently found the internal strength to overcome. I don't believe in medication or seeing a therapist, but I have always liked the idea of a support group of people in the same boat as me. So I guess this is my chance to see what that's like and I'm looking forward to it :). I am currently a freshman in college, and although I've come a long way emotionally and socially since high school, I still feel like an outsider at times. I hope this forum can help me get through some of my feelings of social inadequacy. If nothing else its a chance to vent.

I look forward to meeting you all here on the SAS.

·
Grinding
23 Posts
Welcome man, I am also new. Great to see you've made the choice to take it on at a relatively young age!

·
Woman-&#
314 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, Dicky! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Run.... Run before it's too late. You are still young and have a life in front of you :) This site can make you addicted to negativity.
Yikes, is this true? I already have problems fixating on negativity. I feel that if nothing else, Its a way too vent to real people instead of holding in my frustrations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts