Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was a teacher for about 10 years. I suffer from depression and anxiety.I take Prozac and for the most part I am symptom free enough to overcome. I made a career move and now work for my father in law, in construction. I have never worked in this and I am starting from scratch. As of starting I have been feeling as if my meds aren't working as well. Is this cause I'm In an extremely new and uncomfortable position full of stress? Or more regular for the fact that we as people go through stuff like this when we embark upon new things in life. Or is this because I am just always uncomfortable with change and meds aren't really always going to completely keep you at ease?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi There.

Stress from a change in environment, whether work or living, can ratchet up the feelings of anxiety. Couple being in a new career field with working for your in-law as being the reason your meds may not appear to be working as well as before.

It might be hard to cope with learning new skills, and you might even find your anxiety on the rise, as you will be facing expectations you didn't have before. Just know that it will pass as you hopefully become more comfortable with your surroundings and abilities. It is a huge step to switch professional fields after having so much time invested, so don't let your fears and whatnot deter you from reaching your highest potential.

Good luck, and I will definitely be rooting you on from the sidelines...{{{hugs}}}

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:) thanks means a lot! I really appreciate the words of encouragement. Thank god there have been no panic attacks as really shut me down. But I still right on the edge every day of having one and my biggest problem is finding is my mind an I hating this new opportunity because I actually do or because I am turtles with depression and anxiety. In really having trouble differentiating between the 2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts