Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have S.A.D. I'm 14 and my boyfriend is an absolute sweetheart. However he's hinting he wants to kiss and so I said I'd kiss him tomorrow truth is I have braces and I'm shy as hell. It's going to end up being in the hallway so that makes it 10 times more awkward. FIRST KISS. I'm so scared I'm not sure what to do. How do you kiss?

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
:wels

In the hallway? Why does he want such a Public Display of Affection? Why put that pressure on you?

I don't know how you do it, since I have never done it. I'm sure there is a tutorial for it on youtube.

·
slave
4,382 Posts
You're 14? You were born in 1999?

Christ on a bike, I feel old as **** right now. Especially when I remember '99 as if it were yesterday.

But anyway...

Make sure your breath doesn't smell like an *** prison. And if possible, try to relax.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Are you sure you have SA? You have a boyfriend at 14!

Anyway just let it be natural. Don't worry about it so much. It's just a kiss. No one expects you to be perfect the first time you do something.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Kissing is something you can't use a manual for - lean in, shut your eyes and follow his lead :)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Your best bet is to just copy exactly what he's doing. Follow along with how he's moving his mouth. Nobody really knows how to kiss at first, but if you copy him you shouldn't be too bad.

·
Registered
8,575 Posts
You're 14? You were born in 1999?

Christ on a bike, I feel old as **** right now. Especially when I remember '99 as if it were yesterday.
:lol yeah I know the feeling.

It never goes away either :shock

OP, you don't have to kiss him in the hallway (that sounds like a euphemism of some sort :?), you can take control of the situation and say "No, I will kiss you at this other place instead." Don't even present it as a question (like "Could we do it somewhere else instead?'). Just tell him that's the deal.

He'll probably be just as nervous as you. My advice would be to keep it simple for now. Don't try to devour each others faces or shove tongues down throats or anything...

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
You're so cute!

Like Ringo said I think you should reschedule for a less public place, and even if the hallway was empty, idk, that just feels rushed. Of course if you're nervous maybe it's better that there's some time constraint like needing to get to class so it won't go on too long.

If you're really nervous about starting the kiss you could just close your eyes, tilt your head, and say surprise me! I've never tried that but it sounds good in my head :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Are you sure you have SA? You have a boyfriend at 14!

Anyway just let it be natural. Don't worry about it so much. It's just a kiss. No one expects you to be perfect the first time you do something.
I've had quite a few boyfriends since thirteen... you can have boyfriends and girlfriends with having SA.

Anyway, to the poster, if you're nervous I don't understand why it has to be in a hallway? It can't be somewhere outside where no one is or something like that?

But you will be fine :) It's the nerves that kind of makes this stuff fun... and even if it is awkward at first, the more a couple kisses, the more they become in tune with how to kiss each other. It's actually a lot of fun... but also, don't let him pressure you! good luck :)

·
Registered
8,819 Posts
Tell him you don't want to kiss at school if that's the case. Do it sometime when you guys are hanging out outside of school - if you're sure that you are ready to do it.

·
Student of life
152 Posts
Ever heard that kissing is natural? Well, it's so TRUE. I was very nervous in my first kiss, but "learned" it like in 2-3 seconds. Trust your love and embrace your boyfriends love instead of worrying about kissing. It will come natural.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Ever heard that kissing is natural? Well, it's so TRUE. I was very nervous in my first kiss, but "learned" it like in 2-3 seconds. Trust your love and embrace your boyfriends love instead of worrying about kissing. It will come natural.
Not for everyone. It didn't come naturally for me, it took a few tries.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts