Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is indeed my first post on a forum ever. Sadly, my SA extends to the net as well. I have a myspace but won't add people I don't know. I typically delete messages from strangers or won't log in for days if I'm avoiding someone. I try to hide my lack of friends by adding lots of bands and artists to "up my body count". I've never played on-line games, pretended to be anyone for cybering purposes or simply messaged anyone I don't know.

I'm 34 and have worked at the same crummy job for almost a decade. My hobbies include isolating myself from people and pissing off potential friends, enrolling and dropping out of community colleges repeatedly (I have an awesome first day freak out and leave in the middle of class), debating pros and cons of going off my meds and generally retreating into daydreams in lieu of anything productive. Everyone around me is rushing to embrace the joys of suburban living with babies and houses and bachorlette parties etc and I feel completely disconnected with no way in. My friends are few and despite oh-so helpful how-to's from brainless women's magazines I don't see that changing anytime soon.

· Banned
177,635 Posts
Hey sisyphus myth :wel

· Registered
146,606 Posts
Welcome, SisyphusMyth! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.