Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hang in there, man.

You'll make friends eventually, there's always that one day that sucks because you don't know anyone.

Just keep cool, be yourself and you'll be making friends before you know it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey I know how you feel...
Last year was my first year of 7th grade and for the entire first month it was awful. I didn't have anybody to hang out with, and worse, there were some acquaintances I would always run into, and they'd give me weird looks for being alone. I hid in the bathroom and didn't eat lunch... it was terrible.
It gets better. Trust me.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I've seen tons of people posting on threads saying they ate alone in the library or bathrooms. Can't you guys go out of the college at lunch and go to a cafe or something? My college is right in the middle of the city and there's tons of places to go for lunch about five minutes away from my college.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I've seen tons of people posting on threads saying they ate alone in the library or bathrooms. Can't you guys go out of the college at lunch and go to a cafe or something? My college is right in the middle of the city and there's tons of places to go for lunch about five minutes away from my college.
Most high schools in America will not allow you to do that.
Mine definitely wouldn't.
People can't even eat and drink in the library at my high school.
And hiding in the bathroom was not an option at my school cause people were always coming in and out.
I wish I was allowed to leave campus in high school. I always sneaked out. Thankfully, I never got caught. I was pretty ace at it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Reading this reminds of me of my old friend. He ran away from school during class, he asked to go to the restroom and never came back. He's in counseling and foster care, I think, now... what a patriot. Love that boy.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Where I go to school, we only have a 20 minute break for 'lunch' and there's a small shop in the back of the courtyard where you can buy sandwiches and stuff like that. Most people just eat wherever they can, so I'm glad I don't have to go to the universally dreaded cafeteria. Actually, I never even eat at school, I can wait until I get home.

Anyway, I'll be back in two weeks to report in great detail how and why my first day sucked. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts