Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was googling Celexa before I took my first pill and found this forum. It's been half an hour and I'm still alive so I guess that is a good sign.

I feel as though I've been suffering from depression/ social anxiety my whole life. I have always been a shy and reserved person. My immediate family tend to be shy and reserved and so I think that's had a big effect on me, too. But I think it's mostly my low self confidence and self esteem that's taken a toll on me. Since January this year, I got a job, started meditating and continued going to the gym. Also, I've made a conscious effort to quit bad habits I use to cope, but I realized are actually self destructive. One of which is spending too much time looking at fashion blogs and then feeling inadequate, so I buy this and that thinking I'll feel happier, which leads to a vicious cycle of excessive online and real life shopping. When I type it down like this the solution seems simple enough, but when I'm in that "zone" in my mind it's hard to snap out of it and look at the big picture.

Anyways, so I was doing well until mid March, but started slacking off, skipping the gym and meditation, and getting back to my old bad habits. I went to see my doctor to finally battle this life long depression/ social anxiety and had a good talk with her, which felt like a burden off my shoulder. I guess just getting things off my chest helped a lot. I asked to get tested to see if I have a chemical imbalance, but those came back fine. Initially, I was hesitant to starting meds and wanted to go holistic with meditation instead. However, since slacking off, I am scared I will go back to my old ways and so finally I took the bullet and started Celexa at low dosage of 10 mg. I was only prescribed a 2 week supply, as I told my doc I am scared I will be dependent on it or it might make things worse (ironically one side effect is worsening depression/ anxiety). So we'll see how things go. I really really hope this will help me turn my life around. I am tired of feeling sad and hopeless and inadequate.

Sorry for rambling on, but wow it felt nice to get that out. I should log my thoughts more often.

Thanks for reading. This forum seems helpful and I will continue to use it along with my meds to help me.

- A

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, Aa87! :)

·
Pastry Case
1,065 Posts
Hi Aa87. Welcome to SAS. I hope the medication helps you to get back on track :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts