Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well let me simply put it, today is my first day back to school. I am currently in the middle of the day as I type this and realized that in order to meet people and whatnot you must just "not be afraid" take risks and or chances and just get out there.

I sure as hell hope that everything works out I mean I am really trying to change my mentality and change my perception of life.

Wish me luck and I would like to wish the best of luck to everyone out there whom are trying to change their lives and overcome this terrible Social Anxiety.

If I don't find myself in the right place and If I'm not succeeding I decied that I will commit the ultimate sacrifice and escape once and for all

Jordan

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
Well let me simply put it, today is my first day back to school. I am currently in the middle of the day as I type this and realized that in order to meet people and whatnot you must just "not be afraid" take risks and or chances and just get out there.

I sure as hell hope that everything works out I mean I am really trying to change my mentality and change my perception of life.

Wish me luck and I would like to wish the best of luck to everyone out there whom are trying to change their lives and overcome this terrible Social Anxiety.

If I don't find myself in the right place and If I'm not succeeding I decied that I will commit the ultimate sacrifice and escape once and for all

Jordan
I hope you are not thinking of hurting yourself. :( If you don't meet someone on the first day its not the end of the world, don't give up man.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope you are not thinking of hurting yourself. :( If you don't meet someone on the first day its not the end of the world, don't give up man.
O it's not that man, for the longest time I've been battling depression and it's suffice to say that I've experienced mental anguish in the past, and I am currently experiencing twisted thoughts and whatnot. Yes I should be seeking help, however I've tried that in the past and it's been futile and pointless for me.

My life is rather complex and I am seeking answers however it's been really difficult for me trying to cope with
my anxiety/depression/twisted thoughts and so on

I just hope that I will see the "light" before it gets too late

Thanks for being there and understanding

You're a good online friend Richard. It's unfortunate I can't meet you in real life

Anyways I hope that life is going well for you

Good luck with everything and best to you and your family

Jordan

·
SAS Member
31,285 Posts
You're starting college again, so I'm assuming you have some type of goals for yourself. I would say to stick college out even if you don't suceed in the friends department, because your road might change for the better once you graduate.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I am currently in the middle of the day as I type this and realized that in order to meet people and whatnot you must just "not be afraid" take risks and or chances and just get out there.
Jordan
Actually, I think it's impossible to "not be afraid" when meeting people, if even just a little bit, unless there is something REALLY wrong with you. We're all a little anxious when we meet people, and the people you meet will also be a little anxious when they meet you. The trick is to push on despite that anxiety and to not beat yourself up if it doesn't work out.

Courage isn't simply "not being afraid" in the first place; true courage comes from being afraid and pressing on despite that fear.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, I think it's impossible to "not be afraid" when meeting people, if even just a little bit, unless there is something REALLY wrong with you. We're all a little anxious when we meet people, and the people you meet will also be a little anxious when they meet you. The trick is to push on despite that anxiety and to not beat yourself up if it doesn't work out.

Courage isn't simply "not being afraid" in the first place; true courage comes from being afraid and pressing on despite that fear.
That's the thing there is something REALLY wrong with me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts