Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a question for both guys and girls. If you go on a first date with someone, do you feel comfortable kissing him/her in the end when it has all gone well? and should the man initiate it, or the woman?

i have something important coming up soon, and i'm kind-of nervous.

very, very, very nervous....

·
Woman-&#
314 Posts
Yes.

And for christ sakes, don't think about it too much! If you do, you'll spend the the entire time focusing on it and making yourself feel more nervous in anticipation.. and if it doesn't happen, you'll just end up feeling disappointed with yourself. You'll know if it's the right moment.

Don't forget that even if there is no kiss at the end, that doesn't mean it was a bad date!

Good luck and enjoy yourself. Again, don't think about it too much! Go with the flow. ^_^

·
Banned
5,796 Posts
I think it looks good (despite what you may want to do otherwise) and is good to give a quick peck on the lips for the first date, no pressure then maybe, alternatively just go with the flow and just see what happens, do what feels right for you both at the time. If you drop her off the balls usually in her court anyway, from my experience.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have a date coming up too... and i'm worrying about the same thing...

But i agree with xRoh. I won't be worrying about it too much in the beginning, but if nothing has still happened by the end of the date, i'll just do it. And hopefully not end up getting slapped in the face.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Normally I don't kiss on a first date but it all depends on how it goes right? :) If you feel like it went well, go in for a kiss, especially if he/she seemed to have had a good time too. Preferably I would like the man to initiate since I'm kind of shy. Don't over think in the moment, just do it :) (though I am well aware that's easier said than done)

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
I'm sure this will differ for each person, there isn't really a straightforward answer. If the date doesn't go well and there is no chemistry, I don't think a kiss would be a good idea.

·
Registered
111 Posts
You always want to be clear in your intentions when you're with a girl. In other words, by kissing a girl, it's showing her that you want to develop into a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship (And you're not going to say that straight out on the first date because that would be pretty weird). Basically, do what you want to portray to the girl: if you want to be in a relationship with her, kiss the girl. If you don't like her/want to end up in the friendzone, don't kiss her.

The longer you delay the kiss, the more likely you will end in the friendzone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts