Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your favourite-est, most essential-est addons for firefox?

I've got:

Flashblock (which I love, love, love!)
Download statusbar
Webmail Notifier
Google Reader Watcher
New tab homepage

I've experimented with many others, but I didn't find any of them to be useful enough to keep around.

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
I have one called Save Image In Folder which is just indispensable once you get used to it. You just set it up to save pictures in designated folders and then whenever you want to save an image, you select the appropriate folder. It's great because you don't have to go looking for the right folder to save it in. And it automatically names the images too so you don't have issues with duplicate filenames. Only problem is that sometimes it doesn't work right. 90% of the time it does.

Linkification is also indispensable IMO.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
adblock plus, forecastfox, video downloadhelper (downloads flash videos), foxytunes

·
Positively Revolting Hag
6,547 Posts
Adblock Plus, Flashblock and Fast Video Download. The last one doesn't appear to work though so I should probably uninstall it.

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
Adblock plus, Read it later, Fast dial (I really liked this aspect of Google chrome), and, um, leetkey...

Have uninstalled Foxmarks and a couple of others that I didn't really use.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I generally use Safari since it looks/feels a bit more Mac-like, but I find Firefox is indispensable for web development, thanks in part to Firebug. Great for tackling pesky CSS behaviour, debugging scripts, and profiling.

Although, I should add that if you do any web development, you probably already know this.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Adblock plus, Download Helper, Stylish cos I hate the default look of Last fm, I also have Hyperwords but I haven't really found it that useful.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Tab Mix Plus. Will not use Firefox without this.

After that, AdBlock Plus, Mouse Gestures, foxyproxy, DownloadHelper, IE Tab, and a few others i don't have on every firefox install so i guess aren't all that essential.

·
Registered
558 Posts
All-in-One Gestures, and CoolPreviews :)..^ I also use Adblock...and one called show folder or something like that...if you have lots of bookmarks and search it will show you what folder your bookmark was stored in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts