Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
MayTheForceBeWithYou
19,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Take my love, take my land, Take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me, Take me out to the black, Tell them I ain't comin' back, Burn the land and boil the sea, You can't take the sky from me, There's no place I can be, Since I found Serenity, But you can't take the sky from me... "

one of my favorites

what did you think of this show?
what did you like about this show?
what did you dislike about the show?
how did you feel when it got canceled?

discuss

·
Banned
9,928 Posts
I loved firefly. Maybe if they had kept it going it could have ranked up there with Babylon 5, Stargate, and Star Trek. And Red Dwarf - that's witout doubt the best show of all time.

It was a fox show - so it wasn't too surprising when it got cancelled. They even cancelled My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss before it all aired.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I loved it, it was well written, well acted and one of the few Sci-fi shows that I could hook non-geeks onto. I wish it had been given a better chance.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I really liked the show, and of course, just like every other cool different starnge show that I like, it got canceled.

I always wanted to find out what happened to that girl, what was the mystery behind....(sorry, I forgot character's name)

12/15/2010 edit:

I saw the movie on Sci Fi a few weeks ago and it was awesome!

·
Banned
776 Posts
I always wanted to find out what happened to that girl, what was the mystery behind....(sorry, I forgot character's name)
You mean River? The movie (Serenity) answered that question!

I really liked it, the only sci-fi TV show I can remember enjoying more was the 1st season of BSG. The cast worked very well together, the episodes had a good mix of drama, action and humour, the special effects were good, and it was a nice change that they were just flying around in a beat up old transport ship instead of a state of the art warship :)

·
Your Assumptions
7,027 Posts
what did you think of this show?
Amusing, quirky, and entertaining. One of the few shows to hold my attention.

what did you like about this show?
The humour and the sense of freedom and adventure it conveyed. Also liked the River Tam episodes.

what did you dislike about the show?
So little I can't think of anything.

how did you feel when it got canceled?
Like this: :roll

·
Yup.. it's me!
2,458 Posts
I actually didn't see it until earlier this year on Hulu... it is a good show.. too bad there was only so few of them... I saw the movie that was made after it was canceled and it was disapointing... but the series itself was very good..

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
Bumpity

I just watched all of the episodes, saw Serenity a while back though. What an awesome show, they have everything down so well it makes me want to cry/murder the fox executives for canceling it. Great acting, awesome deep, multifaceted characters, great writing, great special effects, great plot and subplots, great style, I can gush on and on. Ugh, why did it have to be canceled? I want more dammit.

Oh and for anyone who cares, an awesome little internet release: The R. Tam Sessions

·
fellow human
2,074 Posts
Yes, I enjoyed it too. Saw it on HULU first, then I went out and bought the DVD box set. They were my friends for 2 weeks :teeth:|:rain:puke

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I never saw it when it originally aired but after seeing Serenity I went out and bought it as well as the series dvds.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
I agree with everyone, great show!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts