Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone catching this show on Sci-Fi? I had heard lots of great things in the past, but wasn't willing to spend $40 to buy a DVD of a show I knew little about. I wish I did that now. The show is amazing. It's unlike any other sci-fi show I've ever seen.

I can't wait for the Serenity movie!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I liked that show. Fox ticked me off with pulling that one so quickly. I think we've got the fan campaign to thank for the movie. I'm looking forward to it, too!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I haven't heard of it until now, and i watch alot of SCIFI, so i'll have to catch it sometime. I'm always into their shows, so far i watch alot of Quantum Leap, Beyond Belief and Amazing Stories, as well as alot of the movies...

·
Super Beaver
8,033 Posts
I refuse to watch anymore Joss Wheden shows sicne he killed Tara in BTVS.. my own lil form of protest :) Looked interesting though.

·
Rainmaker
972 Posts
I watched it for a little while. seems interesting. I think it still airs here on the Space channel.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mserychic said:
I refuse to watch anymore Joss Wheden shows sicne he killed Tara in BTVS.. my own lil form of protest :) Looked interesting though.
Amber Benson :mushy

Well, you have to admit, Willow going evil was a good storyline.

From what I've heard (and I'm sure this could be wrong), Joss originally wanted to bring Tara back, and I guess she was supposed to be the one that turned evil, but Amber Benson didn't want the character to go that way.

·
Super Beaver
8,033 Posts
Yea remember that episode where the first evil pretends to be that girl Cassie who died? That was suppost to be Tara but Amber didn't want to upset the fans anymore. Yay Amber! But umm the lesbian going insane and becoming a murderer is much too stereotypical for me but that's sooo off topic so I'll shut up now :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Speaking of Buffy characters dying, I just got to see the episode where Joyce dies. Talk about depressing!

I really liked Anya's scene.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hermit the Frog said:
Speaking of Buffy characters dying, I just got to see the episode where Joyce dies. Talk about depressing!
That episode is so sad! :cry

I was upset when Tara got killed too. I'm glad she didn't come back and turn evil.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just got done watching Firefly on DVD. I love anything Joss does. At firlst I didn't want to watch it cause it was Sci-Fi, but it's so much more. Great characters.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I had never heard of the show prior to a few weeks ago and almost didn't watch it because it looked lame. But, I checked it out and I like it a lot! Did Fox let it go after one season?

I was a little annoyed about the movie preview - I didn't expect such a huge spoiler.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did Fox let it go after one season?
From what I've heard, Fox was originally offered Buffy but sat on it, and WB (or UPN, whoever had it first) picked it up. It became a huge success and then Angel did well too. Then Joss had an idea for another show, and Fox jumped on it. They weren't going to pass up this one.

For some reason, Fox wasn't too confident in the show. I guess they didn't think the whole "western in space" idea would gain much of a following. They aired the episodes out of order because they didn't think the first one was a good lead-in. Then they moved the show around to a different night/time pretty randomly, which made it hard for fans to track down the show. Then Fox cancelled it because (surprise, surprise!) not many people were watching it. The last episode they aired was actually the pilot.

I was a little annoyed about the movie preview - I didn't expect such a huge spoiler.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I guess they figure everyone that's watching Firefly on Sci-Fi already saw it or something. I tried not to pay attention to the commercials too much.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hermit the Frog said:
Did Fox let it go after one season?
From what I've heard, Fox was originally offered Buffy but sat on it, and WB (or UPN, whoever had it first) picked it up. It became a huge success and then Angel did well too. Then Joss had an idea for another show, and Fox jumped on it. They weren't going to pass up this one.

For some reason, Fox wasn't too confident in the show. I guess they didn't think the whole "western in space" idea would gain much of a following. They aired the episodes out of order because they didn't think the first one was a good lead-in. Then they moved the show around to a different night/time pretty randomly, which made it hard for fans to track down the show. Then Fox cancelled it because (surprise, surprise!) not many people were watching it. The last episode they aired was actually the pilot.
Fox loves to cancel good shows - Wonderfalls anyone??

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fox loves to cancel good shows - Wonderfalls anyone??
That right there is the reason I no longer watch new shows on Fox. My mom and sister were trying to get me interested in House, but I didn't want to get interested in a show that they'd likely kill as soon as I started liking it.

That said, Wonderfalls is an amazing show. I got the DVD, but I keep forgetting to watch it!

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's one of the best shows I've seen. Up there with Six Feet Under, Buffy and Angel - different genre of course, but it's greatness. I now will watch anything those actors are in if I could find something, lol.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Only one more episode left to see until I've seen them all *sigh*.

The movie got good reviews and seems to have made decent $$, so maybe sci-fi will bring it back as a series. I can dream, right?

Does the DvD have any extras like deletes scenes? I might buy it, if so.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Firefly, My favorite show of all time. For now anyway. Networks should have to pay a fine if they introduce a show to an audience, then yank it out from under them when they get hooked.

Wonderfalls. Another incredible TV show. This is way up there on my favorites list too. I have both Firefly and Wonderfalls on DVD and have seen them both so so many times.

After Wonderfalls and Firefly, I am pretty gunshy about getting hooked on new TV shows.

Fox screwed up on the Family Guy too, but that is a story that most people know about.

Oh Fox will I ever trust you again. Maybe if you bring back when animals attack, and show that horse kicking the man over and over.

·
Registered
165 Posts
OneIsALonelyNumber said:
Only one more episode left to see until I've seen them all *sigh*.

The movie got good reviews and seems to have made decent $$, so maybe sci-fi will bring it back as a series. I can dream, right?

Does the DvD have any extras like deletes scenes? I might buy it, if so.
The DVD does have some great Special Features. Extra Scenes, Interviews, tour of the set, joss whedon singing Ballad of Serenity.

Best dvd that I have ever bought or rented.

:popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

1 - 18 of 18 Posts