Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I officially finished my summer internship :yay. I have to say it started off on the wrong foot because I let nerves and anxiety get the best of me. Once I started to get comfortable with all the new people around me and the office environment it was smooth sailing. This internship was my first important. I’ve had a couple of small 1 month internships but those were just to get some experience. Today the office threw me a nice small party and a couple of my bosses took me out to lunch and invited me back next summer :D and presented me with some nice awards. I was freaking out about the party but it wasn’t so bad. I’m sure I wasn’t everybody’s cup of tea at the office but I did end up making some great friends and got some needed experience.

Ugh now I got to get through another year of university starting Monday :(. Booo!

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Congratulations!! :yay

Are you nervous about the one month internships? It usually takes me at least 1-2 months before I feel comfortable enough to talk to anyone when I'm in a new place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts