Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
My So-Called Self
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those of you who get/have gotten financial aid, specifically the Pell grant for school, can you appeal an appeal? I have to appeal for financial aid because I got THREE F's (!!!), in all my online classes and I'm pretty sure my appeal won't be approved this time. I've had to appeal in the past sue to one F and Withdrawals but I've always been approved. I'm not expecting to be approved this time. So... can I appeal an appeal? I took four classes last Fall. Three were online and one was on campus. I failed all the online classes and only got a "C" in the on campus class. My mom almost died in September and it ruined my whole semester. I'm going to attach proof of my moms stay in the ICU and a letter from my psychiatrist but, I'll probably still be denied for financial aid.

So..... can I appeal an appeal that was rejected? It's the only way I'll get back in school and I'm only gonna take 1-2 classes instead of four this time. I'm afraid to call the financial aid office and I doubt they'll tell me anything anyway.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

·
Registered
456 Posts
You can certainly try. I would set up an appointment with one of the financial aid counselors at your college and speak with them directly. I had to do this with my last appeal.

I think you will have a strong case if proper documentation of your mother's stay and your psychiatrist. I would also enroll in any counseling services your school offers. Bring these things to your meeting.

However, you will be on a very short leash. Make sure that you are fully committed and ready to go to school this fall. If you get approved and it does not go well, it will be almost impossible to get back onto financial aid without paying yourself for a semester to prove that you can do it.

·

63,266 Posts
Find out if you are even able to enroll next semester because after receiving numerous Withdrawals and failing grades for more than one semester,the school usually would put the student on dismissal for a certain amount of time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts